Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome @mo @DocJas and @Kleeger

7 Likes

Welcome @brenda.pohlmann

4 Likes

Welcome @brenda.pohlmann

5 Likes

Welcome! I got my first bass last Christmas at the ripe age of 57. Iā€™m really enjoying learning to play but get a little frustrated at time because I feel like I should be further along then I am. Either way, Iā€™m super happy I got started and have really enjoyed this course.

10 Likes

Welcome @brenda.pohlmann
Have fun!

6 Likes

Great to have you here @brenda.pohlmann

Donā€™t get discouraged.
Go at your own pace.
If you want to progress faster, practice slower ans longer. Thatā€™s the ā€œbig secretā€.

7 Likes

Welcome @brenda.pohlmann !

5 Likes

Welcome @mo ! Really glad you are here!

6 Likes

Welcome @Kleeger ! Really glad you are here!

7 Likes

Welcome @docjas! Couple pretty nice rigs you got there!

6 Likes

I love my junior jet. Serious low end from a small bass. And the price point doesnā€™t hurt ones feelingsšŸ˜‹

7 Likes

Welcome back @brenda.pohlmann !

6 Likes

Hello I am Nat, im 17 years old and have had a passion for music since I was very very little (3) I have been playing drum since I was 12 and Just started bass but they both are a HUGE passion of mine.

15 Likes

Great to have you here @chasteen12 !

6 Likes

Welcome @chasteen12 ! Really glad you are here!

6 Likes

Welcome @chasteen12
Have fun!

7 Likes

Good to hear. Those folks with time under their belt make it look so easy! Now I have a whole new level of respect for what yā€™all do! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

As a beginner, i was so jealous of the people who had all the things that i didnā€™t. Things i thought you really needed to have. Things like totally sweet skinny surgeon fingers, natural ability, talent, skill and experience.

While all of those things are wonderful to have, there is a way for those of us that donā€™t have them.

Practice, practice, practice. And just hammer away at fundamentals.
Practice leads to experience, experience builds into ability, abilities become skills.
Anyone can do this. follow josh on the lessons, absorb as much as you can,and just keep your bass in your hands. (That last one is really important!)
Turn it up and keep plucking!

12 Likes

Big welcome, @chasteen12. Very glad youā€™re here. You will learn a lot from Josh. Enjoy the lessons!

5 Likes

Welcome @chasteen12

6 Likes