Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Greetings, @ch_willie. I assume with your background you’re not going through the B2B course?

6 Likes

Welcome @ch_willie

6 Likes

Thanks all

Have I started off in the wrong spot? I guess by lurking, I haven’t caught onto what B2B is. I’ll search around and see if I can set myself right.

7 Likes

Welcome, @ch_willie. Glad you’re here. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Welcome to the group @ch_willie, glad you joined us

7 Likes

B2B is Buzzer-speak for Josh’s Beginner to Badass course.

7 Likes

Thank you all for the nice welcome.

5 Likes

Welcome @ch_willie
Have fun!

7 Likes

Welcome in @ch_willie !!!

It’s awesome to have you here. I hope you will enjoy your stay. :smiley:

7 Likes

No, nothing wrong! Sorry to worry you. As @MikeC has already explained, I was just asking about the Beginner to BadAss course. I was curious if you were going through it since you have a boatload of experience. Enjoy the forum!

7 Likes

Thanks! One thing I’ve learned in my 45 years of playing: learning is not something you did; it’s something you do if you love playing. For example, arthritis in my basal thumb joint makes it hard for me to hold a pick, and I’ve had to learn to play with my fingers, and I watch videos of players to see how they do it. Im still learning how to play this way.

I’m also always open to learning theory. I learned by listening to records and by jamming, but even at 60 years old, I have so much to learn. It excites me and just makes playing fun.

And…I learn from beginners too! Sometimes fresh perspectives unlock doors to which I’ve never had the keys.

8 Likes

Hi, My name is Josh (lol perfect right). I’ve never played an instrument before, but i have always been a MASSIVE music enthusiast. I usually attend about 30 concerts per year and this year since the passing of my favorite bands bassist Tim Feerick, the addition of Sergio Medina as a bassist playing in Dance Gavin Dance and the impending return of the band Issues, who has another bassist I respect, Skylar Accord. I thought now is a good time to immerse myself in music by learning to play. I will say I have a nack at being obsessed in the process of monotony. (Like leveling Pokémon for hours on end) Im super stoked to learn. Most because Ive never been able to express myself creatively, but here my chance! Thanks Josh.

16 Likes

Great to have you here @josh.morales27 (aka yetanotherjosh!)

5 Likes

Welcome to the group @josh.morales27, it’s getting crowded in here

9 Likes

Welcome @josh.morales27

5 Likes

Remember the Josh Battle of 2019?

5 Likes

Welcome, @josh.morales27!

6 Likes

Welcome @josh.morales27
Have fun!

6 Likes

Welcome @ch_willie and @josh.morales27 !

6 Likes

I had to look it up, I had never heard of it before you mentioned it. Until I met @JoshFossgreen. I thought I was the only Josh. Small town living :wink:

7 Likes