Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Welcome all new badasses :slight_smile: I hope you all find something here to help in your discovery of Bass. I meant to keep up with the lounge and meeting all the new and regulars here in the B2B journey. Life has thrown some crazy curve balls and distractions so I havenā€™t stayed active on the forums as planned, but Iā€™ve been steady climbing my way through the B2B course both online and DVD. Iā€™m almost through section 12 and loving the Bass life! :smiley: Iā€™m involved with some charity work and other intense learning programs at same time as B2B, and planning to be more active on the forums here. Keep rockin people! :guitar: :guitar:

6 Likes

Hi all, Iā€™m Roger. I recently picked up the bass again after about a decade of being busy with non-musical stuff (excuses, excuses). I just decided one day to get my bass out of storage, and Iā€™m so glad I did! It was like re-connecting with an old friend.

Sheā€™s an old lady - an early '57 Fender P-bass - and sheā€™s taken apart right now to get some long overdue TLC.

Anyway, Iā€™m a good player but I know next to nothing about amps, gear, strings, and just getting the right sounds that I want. So I look forward to learning from everyone here on the forum!

16 Likes

Welcome @rogercol84

5 Likes

Welcome @rogercol84 !

5 Likes

:star_struck:

Welcome, @rogercol84. Glad youā€™re here. But, man, whatever you do, donā€™t ever post your street address, or youā€™ll get a lot of ā€œattentionā€ from Buzzers who want to drop by to kneel at the feet of your bass! Enjoy!

6 Likes

To all new dwellers of the subterranean abyss, I bid you welcome

6 Likes

Welcome @rogercol84

4 Likes

Great to have you here @rogercol84

Picture please of that bass of yours!

5 Likes

Welcome, @rogercol84! With a bass like that, you are going to have a bunch of New Best Friends here. Have fun.

8 Likes

Welcome @rogercol84
Have fun!

5 Likes

Welcome @rogercol84 !

4 Likes

Ha! Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I probably wonā€™t get the same attention when Iā€™m 66!

6 Likes

bass_5-4-23

This is what it looks like at the moment.

14 Likes

I petition for a bigger picture or a higher resolution picture! :smile:

Welcome, @rogercol84 !

6 Likes

welcome!

6 Likes

Well @rogercol84 if you ever want to swap that worn out old bass for a newer more reliable Mexican P Bass Iā€™ll gladly help you out and welcome :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I like the Dark Side of the Moon vibe there. Nicer look than Watersā€™ all-black thing IMHO.

8 Likes

Hey yā€™all, Iā€™m Catlin. Before you ask, itā€™s pronounced exactly as itā€™s spelled and I am a guy. :joy: Some fun facts below.

I graduated from SELU in 2013 with a Bachelorā€™s in Music Education. My main instrument was Saxophone. Played it from 6th grade to the end of college. During that time, I borrowed a bass from a friend, but never got my own until a couple days ago.

Never found work with my degree, so I chose to join the US Army. I have been in the army for over 9 years and seek to serve a minimum of 20 so I can get that retirement. Iā€™m turning 33 this month.

Other than bass, my hobbies include lifting weights, martial arts, video games, financial management books and learning Japanese.

I look forward to learning alongside all of you.

15 Likes

Welcome @catlin.kallies

7 Likes

Welcome, @catlin.kallies. Glad youā€™re here. Enjoy the lessons!

7 Likes