Introduce Yourself! (2023)

Great to have you here @jvo

6 Likes

WELCOME @jvo

6 Likes

Welcome aboard the good ship Slap nā€™ Pop @jvo; (unless youā€™re like me and play all kinds of stylesā€“I which I would just say ā€œWelcome aboard the good ship Ska, Blues, Rock and Pop?ā€ nah, donā€™t like the sound of that eitherā€¦) Eh, welcome!

7 Likes

Thanks

6 Likes

Hey all, Iā€™m Tyler.

Iā€™ve ran sound for over a decade, primarily for my wifeā€™s band (sheā€™s a vocalist) in the Central Florida area. Sheā€™s in the biggest local dance band there is (Midnight Mayhem). Our daughter who is a 14 year old drummer also has her own band, they play mostly 80s rock (www.soundcheckorlando.com) and is tearing it up throughout central florida. Those kids make more money than Iā€™ve seen any other band make in tips lol - they are quite talented, and put on a great show! At any rate, I finally decided now that Iā€™m older (40), and can financially afford to do something myself, to delve into bass guitar for the first time. Iā€™d rather eventually be on stage than running sound. While I am more than happy to continue being my daughters drum tech / sound guy, and helping my wifeā€™s band run sound (when needed), I really silently wish I had the talent any of these guys and gals do in the music scene. I wish to be in front of an audience. Iā€™ve read a lot of about Bass Buzz on Reddit and found that everyone really loved the teachings here for beginners. Iā€™m hopeful that they help build my confidence, and eagerness to learn to give me a good foundation at playing. I am so looking forward to beginning my journey! It seems like there is a good community here, so it seems like if I have any questions Iā€™ll be able to get some answers pretty swiftly. At any rate, thanks for reading my introductory - Rock on brothers and sisters!

13 Likes

Welcome @tyler.garretson
Have fun!

8 Likes

Welcome, @tyler.garretson. Glad youā€™re here. B2B is the perfect way to ease into bass playing. Josh is a funny, gifted teacher who has developed a fool-proof way of learning proper playing technique. Plus, he sneaks valuable theory in between the fun chunks. Sounds like you have a built-in musical support system with your family. Enjoy the lessons and the gigs will surely come!

8 Likes

@MikeC - Iā€™m stoked! Thanks so much for the insight!!!

7 Likes

Great to have you here @tyler.garretson

7 Likes

Happy to have you here @tyler.garretson. Welcome, now turn up your bass and rumble some teeth!

8 Likes

Welcome @tyler.garretson

7 Likes

Welcome @tyler.garretson !

7 Likes

Welcome to BassBuzz @tyler.garretson!

Are you familiar with the band Gargamel! ?

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been down a minute, and Iā€™ve missed a bunch. Welcome to all the new badasses

7 Likes

Welcome @tyler.garretson

7 Likes

Welcome to all new comers!

8 Likes

Hello. Iā€™m Michelle from Wisconsin. I played viola for 5 years many many moons ago. I have always wanted to learn piano or guitar. I chose bass because Iā€™m used to 4 strings and bass seems less intimidating. Also arthritis makes piano and guitar chords difficult and painful.

13 Likes

Welcome, @veteranmakruschke. Glad youā€™re here. Follow @JoshFossgreenā€™s lead and youā€™ll be plucking in no time. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Welcome @veteranmakruschke
Have fun!

7 Likes

Welcome! @veteranmakruschke Only valuable tip I can give you is donā€™t try to play the bass under your chin like a violaā€¦ Mainly because itā€™s pretty heavy playing it that way.

7 Likes