7 Likes

@sunDOG welcome aboard!

7 Likes

Welcome @Charlie

7 Likes

Welcome @sunDOG

7 Likes

63yo with Parkinsons

Piano since 12yo and drums for about 12 years. The bradykinesia has devastated my left hand and foot but oddly enough it doesn’t seem to affect my ability to fret notes. I can’t barre or form chord shapes but I can fret. I’m horrible but having played an instrument most of my life the thought of not playing anything is pretty depressing.
So here I go… my uncle gave me an old squire afinity bass about 10 years ago that’s just been sitting in a closet. I picked up HL Bass Method 1 along with stuff from here and using Musescore to make exercises. I know the music but not the neck so that’s my starting point. If nothing jumps up to get me I’ll do the beginner course but I need to make sure I can finish before I sign up. Glad to be here!!

13 Likes

Welcome, @rustyfingers. Glad you’re here. You’re in the right place, for sure. The gang is ready, willing and able to answer questions and provide encouragement along your journey. I understand your situation, but, if you feel you can hang through the Beginner to Badass course, you ought to consider it seriously. Josh makes learning simple and fun, and you’ll be up and playing quickly. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Welcome @rustyfingers

6 Likes

Welcome @rustyfingers

6 Likes

Great to have you here @rustyfingers !

6 Likes

Welcome @rustyfingers
Have fun!

7 Likes

Welcome @rustyfingers !

6 Likes

Just bought the course. Ready to roll…

6 Likes

Welcome @rustyfingers ! Really glad you are here. Getting this course is a really sound decision, and i suspect you’ll be dominating the neck pretty doggone quick.

6 Likes

Hello, I’m Kevin. This is my first time playing any instrument. Consuming music has been a big part of my entire life, I enjoy traveling for shows in North America and Europe, and I have a radio show on my little local station. After years of thinking that I might appreciate music more if I could play, I finally took the plunge. I’ve always listened to a lot of post-punk and goth, where bass is often foregrounded, and bass has fewer strings than guitar so I figured why not try it out? A friend in a post-metal band gave me some recommendations for a first bass, and I bought a Squier Affinity PJ.

Found Josh on youtube and decided to buy the course. Looking forward to seeing people around on the forums. Cheers

15 Likes

Welcome @furious1

5 Likes

Welcome, @furious1. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the lessons!

5 Likes

Welcome @furious1
Have fun!

6 Likes

Welcome @furious1

5 Likes

Great to have you here @furious1 !

4 Likes

Welcome @furious1 !

5 Likes