Introduce Yourself! (2024)

Welcome @Randall_M_Deming and @jacowart !

5 Likes

Welcome @jacowart
Have fun!

4 Likes

Outstanding There @jacowart

Cheers

5 Likes

Welcome @jacowart !

5 Likes

Would never have guessed this.

4 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

Hello all,
I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that I signed up for B2B almost a year ago (Feb 2023) but am only a little over half way finished with the course. It can be tough finding the time or energy to sit down and plug away. I’ve used what could have been valuable practice time researching gear I don’t need, or watching bass videos and reading forums but not applying that new found info to actual practice time. Hopefully I can be a bit more disciplined in 2024.
I played trumpet in middle school, 30 something years ago. I didn’t much like practicing then either but I loved the rehearsals in class, and especially when we got to do our concerts twice a year. I still catch myself humming or whistling tunes we played all those years ago. Even then I was drawn to the bass clef instruments and the parts they played in our songs. The whole class would stop what they were doing and perk their ears when the teacher checked the tuning of the bass clarinet or the baritone sax.
In my late teens/early twenties I fell in love with the bass parts played by Geddy Lee and Chris Squire. They made me go back and listen to my music collection with a brand new set of ears. Since then I’ve been obsessed with the bass sound and it’s varied roles.
As for this course, I love Josh’s humor, pacing, and the thoughtful layouts of his lessons. This kind of instruction is exactly what I needed twenty something years ago when I tried to learn on my own. Time to get serious!

13 Likes

Welcome, @Wes. Glad you’re here. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Hello!
New bass player from the Netherlands here. Started learning about 2 months ago without any prior musical experience. Im having a great time so far!

The past 2 months I have played on a rented bass (an Aria Jazz type bass), to check if I like to play this instrument or not. Turns out that I like it. So I have just purchased my very own bass and I’m thrilled to continue my journey into bass. The bass I purchased is a Sire Marcus Miller M2.

12 Likes

Welcome, @Joepi5. Glad you’re here. Congrats on your new M2. It’s a really easy playing bass. Enjoy the lessons!

4 Likes

Welcome @Wes and @Joepi5 !

6 Likes

Welcome @Wes
Have fun!

6 Likes

Welcome @Joepi5
Have fun!

5 Likes

Welcome @Wes and @Joepi5 !

5 Likes

Columbus Ohio, 45