Introduce Yourself! (2024)

Welcome Andy!

7 Likes

So update, the Jackson js5 had an awful electric static sound when not touching strings. Some people said it was grounding. Some shielding. I took it back to GC and asked them to look at it. They couldn’t identify a grounding issue, and suggested we trade it for something different. I had a little extra coin in my pocket so I was able to upgrade to the ibanez SR300EDX. Good for me.

5 Likes

Great to have you here @GeauxAndy72

6 Likes

@GeauxAndy72 welcome :clef:

6 Likes

Glad you joined and best of luck on your hardcore journey @dope_r_us

6 Likes

Hi Everyone. Joined a few days ago. Had electric and acoustic basses in my office which were neglected for years due to my sysadmin job. I was on call all the time and completely stressed out. Was laid off last year and got a new job which actually has a work/life balance :smiley: . Doing the B2B course and really enjoying it. Looking forward to hanging out with you all :jbass:

17 Likes

Hello fellow Sysadmin, welcome. I keep a bass next to me working at home and I’ll pick it up and run through scales if I get stuck in a meeting with people who just want to hear their own voices talking about XXXX next upgrade. I haven’t had a job in 15 years that required on call, welcome to the promise land.

9 Likes

Welcome @danbass
Have fun!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @danbass !

6 Likes

Welcome @danbass !

4 Likes

Welcome, @danbass. Glad you’re here. I know what it’s like to be on call for work. It is the opposite of balance. Congrats for being on the other side of that. Enjoy the lessons!

4 Likes

Hi everyone! I played bass (badly) for a bit back in high school - was in a short-lived punk band. Then life got in the way, my bass got left behind in the UK (I’m in Switzerland right now).

But last year I broke my leg so I bought myself a new bass to help pass the time. I pretty much need to re-learn from scratch :sweat_smile: I dipped into YouTube videos then, but I want to properly commit to improving now, so I recently started the B2B course :zap: :zap:.

It’s giving me the structure I need: just tell me what to play today and I will do it :ok_hand: I’m determined to get good.

18 Likes

Welcome, @saroohoo. Glad you’re here. Sorry about your leg, but music has great healing power, so no doubt you’ll be up and bopping to the groove soon. Enjoy the lessons!

4 Likes

Welcome along @saroohoo !

5 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

Thanks! The leg is all good now thankfully … though I’ll have more downtime probably this year to take all of the metal out :grimacing: So … more bass-time for me.

5 Likes

Keep the metal and PLAY it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome @danbass and @saroohoo !

5 Likes

Welcome @saroohoo !

4 Likes

Welcome @saroohoo
Have fun!

4 Likes