Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @8-BitRach
The B2B course is the way to go .

6 Likes

Aha. Good. Excellent. We need more cat people, says Nora.

Welcome!
What bass did drunk you get you?

7 Likes

I did - sober me made that decision!

9 Likes

Aww! Love a good kitty pic!

Drunk me was rational enough to think, don’t go crazy in case it doesn’t work out, so got an LA make with a view to maybe upgrading once I get more proficient.

7 Likes

Welcome @8-BitRach

5 Likes

Well… Speaking of pet pictures there are some more of it.
Sober you made the right decision!
A shame drunk you didn’t watch the bass review video from bassbuzz and all of us - even if it is a lower budget model - are interested in the model you have. I’m sure it’s somewhere on there - manufacturer and modelnumber. If it’s not too bothersome to check for you…

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Igor, I am 34 and I come from Montenegro (Europe). I am relatively new to playing instruments. I didn’t go to any musical school, but music have always played a huge roll in my casual life. I am a big fan of new wave music, classic rock, but am also fun of Blues, jazz, funk, electronic and some good quality pop is also appreciated.
My whole life I had regret for not learning any instrument… I decided to do something about it and bought keyboard some 2 and a half years ago. I made some progress, from total noob I am somewhat of a bellow average keyboard player who knows sheets and basic music theory regarding scales, progressions and circle of fifths. I am very interesting in composing and making some beats.
Recently, as I love bass sound and its vibe, I decided to buy a bass and at least learn some basic skills with it which I could use for recording bass lines.
This being said, I will be very honest with you all.: although I like it veryy muchh, bass is not my utmost priority :slight_smile:
Since I am 80-s lover I am somewhat of a synth nerd! I am still learning my keyboards (I now have 2 keyboards and 2 small synths), who wants to expand his knowledge and incorporate bass playing into the bigger picture of my music journey. On the other hand, do not worry, I love what bass brings and that rhythm and groove will help me very much, together with some elementary drumming skills which I learned meanwhile.
Do not know if I made a right choice for my first bass, but i bought Squier affinity precision PJ bass.
Cya around!

13 Likes

Hi Igor!

That Squier is nothing to be sneezed at. Good allround choice (unless your hands are as small as mine, haha).

Welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome @Kekec. It appears you have a good start with all that knowledge. Bass playing should come relatively easy for you. Enjoy the course!

4 Likes

It’s an LA, I’m presuming that’s the make anyway, Model is G4M 230 1453

I put a link, but am not sure if that is allowed, so deleted it for now

5 Likes

No worries. It’s allowed. We link to shops and so on all the time.
You can edit it back in.

5 Likes

It is allowed, and you left it there long enough for me to click on it. It looks like a good buy to start out with.

4 Likes

Aw that’s encouraging to know.:+1: It does actually sound ok

5 Likes

Thanks! I guess that’s the serial number but the model might not be printed clearly on it.
As far as I can tell the manufacturer is Gears4Music and the Model is LA.

There is another model there named LA II but I don’t think it’s necessarily an upgrade but rather a difference in tone. It has two single coil pickups instead of the humbucker one on your bass.

I agree with Pam - looks fine to start out with. You get probably hooked by G.A.S. early enough anyway so no need to rush into that already :wink:

4 Likes

Now we’re going to have to introduce poor @8-BitRach to GAS LOL :guitar: :money_with_wings: :moneybag:

3 Likes

Welcome @Kekec!
Glad you are with us even if bass playing is not your priority.
Mine somehow swapped over to vocal training but it’s good to have two things to practice with all the free time I currently have. Fingers or Hand hurt? Practice singing. Vocal Chords hurt? Practice bass. Too late to sing with volume? …go coding or watch netflix. That’s my life right now :smiley:

Of course you with keyboard/synth it’s probably not as easy to switch between practice session as both put a demand on your hands.

3 Likes

I just knew you were from across the North Sea.
Yorkshire by any chance?

2 Likes

Stop! I’m already excited for Johnny Roadhouse’s to open. :joy:I have to keep away as long as I can!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m already wondering whether my neighbours might get annoyed by 100watt amps and a drum kit

4 Likes

Close, Greater Manchester. Although originally from Wales

4 Likes