Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Back on the forum this week after a few months so welcome to all the newbies

9 Likes

Welcome! Bass is best!

7 Likes

Welcome @cheeze_pizza ! Really glad you are with us!

7 Likes

Welcome @Kanu ! Really glad you are here with us!

7 Likes

It’s so, so good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For Pam’s sake as well as others’, here’s a thread dedicated to talking pizza: Acceptable Pizza Toppings: Discuss.

What say we keep Introduce Yourself about welcoming new BassBuzzers? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you @MikeC .

3 Likes

Heya - I am Chris, pushing 50 here.

Might be new, guess that depends. I joined almost exactly a year ago. I made it up to Module 8 (failing miserably at Billie Jean) and stopped for some reason - don’t recall why at this point.

Growing up, never really learned an instrument. As a pre/teen, learned a bunch of songs on the piano, but only learned how to play those and have forgotten them over time.

Enjoy making noise though - have quite a few instruments around the house I like to mess around with - trumpet, trombone, synths, pianos, drums, guitars, harmonicas. Last year bought a Jazz bass and a Rumble 100 to add to the menagerie.

Restarted BB a couple days ago - back up to Module 3.

20 Likes

Welcome @cmc

Here’s hoping you can get past BJ this time.

8 Likes

Or skip it and move on, finish the course and when you come back to BJ it’ll be a piece of cake. That’s what I did.

10 Likes

Welcome back, @cmc. Good things come to those who sit and practice. Or stand. Just as long as you practice.

8 Likes

Welcome to the group @cmc

8 Likes

Welcome in Chris!

7 Likes

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

That was my plan - I tried for awhile, it looks like I even got the slow speed done to my satisfaction, but I didn’t want to be stuck on Module 4 forever so I just moved on.

Unless it’s my bass, maybe I need a new one… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s the universal answer to every problem :smiley_cat:

7 Likes

And it’s always correct! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Hi! Dave here. Been playing bass on and off for over 20 years. Picking it back up after another hiatus. While I’ve played for some time, I’ve never actually been thought or taken a lesson so I’m lacking a solid foundation of what bass playing is. So, while my fingers can move, it’s like not knowing how to use them. Watched several of videos on Youtube from both Josh and Scott (SBL) and really dig Josh’s approach and style to teaching. Loved that blues box video! I’ll be starting the course this weekend!

13 Likes

Great to have you here @cmc

Do not stop in your tracks with Billie Jean!

Move on.

I didn’t mater it until about a year post B2B after doing lots of other things, then it came naturally. Even Josh tells you this in the course. Press on and don’t let her get you down!

5 Likes

Welcome, @MemphisDave. Glad you’re here. Some of us have played before, too. But Josh is da man to learn from to play the right way. Sling a strap over your shoulder and giddy-up. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Welcome @cmc & @MemphisDave !

6 Likes