It's a miracle!

Last Wednesday I was released from ICU and transported to a rehab faciliy because no regular rooms were available at the hospital. Sara took off work Wednesday, giving her one unpaid day off, plus two paid, followed by the weekend. WRONG!
Sara was informed yesterday, because she took off Wednesday, she wouldn’t be paidfor the two Holiday days. UGH! With her having taken off on my surgery date, that’s 4 days pay she lost. On top of that, we had to purchase several items such as special shower head, shower chair, toilet chair, and walker. Insurance only pays for part of that.
With our savings account dwindling, I was seriously considering selling my upright bass!
Then came the miracle!
It appears that @John_E took it upon himself to start a GoFundMe page to help us out, and many of you contributed. Thank you one and all. I knew this forum was a family of sorts, and this just proves it.
As soon as I get home from this hellhole im in, I will thank each of you personally.

Love ya!
Pam

49 Likes

This truly is one of the best community of friends ever assembled. Kudos to @John_E for starting it.

24 Likes

A few folks here had been reaching out to me regarding if we would do something for you and Sara. When Sara was telling me about the work troubles and all the things you gals needed, I thought it was time for the forum family to lend a hand.

To date we have raised $1750!!
A huge thank you to all who have generously contributed to this very worthy cause.
I will leave the GoFundMe up through this weekend.
Sara can take money out at any time to help with the expenses.

You are a leader and inspiration here at the formum for so many, and the Bad Ass Momma Bear around here. We have to make sure Momma is ok!

27 Likes

Now that the cat is out of the bag, here is the GoFundMe link for those who may not have seen it yet.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/a-little-help-for-our-bad-ass-bass-gal

24 Likes

Pam, you were the first to greet me when I joined the forum. Your attitude provides inspiration to those of us that frequent this forum. We just want you to get better.

12 Likes

Absolutely!

9 Likes

Thanks so much @John_E for organizing this! I’m grateful for the opportunity to pay back at least a fraction of all the love and goodwill @PamPurrs has contributed to this forum family over the years. :heart:

42 Likes

This ^^^

Absolutely.

12 Likes

And it keeps getting higher. What a forum? What a great bunch of guys and gals…This makes me so proud to be a member. My eyes are leaking just a bit.

14 Likes

This is a great family community to be part of, thanks for putting this together John @John_E ,
Hope your feeling better Pam @PamPurrs ,
Love Brian & Shirley

12 Likes

Treat yourself to some scarf shopping Pam! We heard you were looking in to scarves :smiley:

11 Likes

As a fairly new member here I don’t really know Pam very well. However I have made a contribution and wish Pam and Sara all the best for the future.
What a great bunch of people on this forum.

12 Likes

Thank you!

12 Likes

I just got here not long ago, and already I saw the wonderfulness of Pam. I can see that many of us feel the same. The generosity is awesome! Up to almost $3500 at this point with a VERY generous donation from BB.

You guys all rock.

I’m so happy to see you on the rebound, @PamPurrs !

11 Likes

I just pop in every now and then to read how you are doing, @PamPurrs and was so happy to find @John_E 's GoFundMe. Hope you get well soon. xxx

7 Likes

so not only do you not have free healthcare but employers don’t give compassionate leave either :unamused:

11 Likes

My thoughts exactly… Time to start looking for a different employer.

8 Likes

Actually, she just started this job a few months ago, and doesnt yet qualify for family leave. Its a much bettter job than the one she had for 13 years prior.
When you’re deaf, you’re grateful for any job you can get.

17 Likes

It’s remarkable how well our family comes together for one of us who is in need. Not all of us can get family medical leave or even annual leave for vacation time. That’s where pages like GoFundMe come in handy. We raised something like $20,000 locally for Terry after his heart attack (he brought up the fact on Tuesday that he was actually dead for 12 minutes) and now we’ve raised a bit for @PamPurrs and Sara. I can’t think of a better couple to help.

9 Likes

I wasn’t aware of the gofund me page, but that’s not unusual, as I’m unaware of lots of things! I have now made a donation. So glad I found out about this and my best Aussie wishes to you both. Ian

11 Likes