Joe, please come back

Hey Joe @Jazzbass19 please come back. We all know you were dissed by one of our members… We miss your great comments and words of wisdom. Please, please, please, come back to the forum.

13 Likes

Hey Joe! @Jazzbass19 Lot’s of love coming your way buddy! Miss you around here!

8 Likes

Yeah @Jazzbass19
The past is the past. It’s gone , it’s done and nothing can be done about it either way.
The way forward is the future and you should be part of it

6 Likes

Yeah, for sure Joe, @Jazzbass19 don’t take these forums too seriously, who cares, let’s just play some bass again! Plus, we need you to look after the demographics thread and others where you’re the OP, you’ve been on here longer than most of us…

6 Likes

Thanks for your kind words, everyone . . . :slight_smile:

@JoshFossgreen has assured me that he has done some behind-the-scenes testing, and he is now able to handle topic clean-up and moderate all the Forums by himself.

I was glad to be able to help him out, and sorry if I caused any confusion while doing so.

Keeping things on topic around here felt like trying to nail Jello to a wall . . .

Cheers, Joe

19 Likes

I’m sorry! I will try to be better.

Welcome back! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Saying this as a veteran community moderator: unless you’re a non-participating member (and even then…), it’s virtually impossible to not cause or be part of some confusion here and there. It’s part of the job.

We’re here to talk about bass, let’s do it!

Well, humans… Frozen jello is easier to nail

8 Likes

I think it would shatter. :wink:

Hey Joe, where are you going with that nail gun in your hand? :grin:

8 Likes

@Jazzbass19 good to have you back Joe.
Jamie

5 Likes

Hey, that could be a great line for a song!

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

8 Likes

Immediately this pops up in my head:
Bang! Bang! Joe’s silver nail gun
Shot aimed upon his head
Klang! Klang! Joe’s silver silver nail gun
Made sure that she was dead

3 Likes

Damn youngsters :joy: I was thinking more …

https://youtu.be/rXwMrBb2x1Q

5 Likes

So was Peter most probably :grin:

4 Likes

I would almost guarantee it lol :joy:

5 Likes

First time in my whole life I’ve been called a youngster for thinking of a Beatles song in any context. Most of my friends/peers are younger than me so this made me feel younger again.

4 Likes

Beatles? :thinking:

2 Likes

Well, it’s by Cher… first published around the same time as Hey Joe. The youngster reference might not stand :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Oh wow! I stand corrected! :flushed:

4 Likes

I was talking about Maxwell’s Silver Hammer by the Beatles and that was published '69 on Abbey Road.
And it was way before my time so probably the youngster reference still stands
Born '86 - sooo.

By the way… does what we do count as derailing or will Joe enjoy all the references to older songs? :smiley:

5 Likes