Josh Mentioned on Talking Bass Lesson

My two cents on the thread:

Josh Fossgreen - Best teacher to go from a dead stop to bass competency. Literally Beginner to BadAss. If not for him, I’d never even tried to play bass. I can’t overstate this. He made me feel like I could really do this. He’s tops.

Mark Smith - He’s excellent too. Love his “lectures.” He’s a stand up guy; helped me realtime when I had login problems. I look at him as the best intermediate teach, although Josh’s original channel does too.

Those two are my main teachers.

Honorable mentions:

Greg Hagger - Intermediate, but a different take and I like his videos. He’s got a music reading course too.

Luke McIntosh - He’s a good supplement too. He’'ll sing a bit, and and that helps with some lessons. A little more ear emphasis.

I have no use for Scott. He does not inspire me at all.

However, at the end of day, if I had just one-- it would be Josh.

4 Likes

You are so spot on on this @kwt7667.
Now that I think back, I had invested in Scott first and was really going nowhere (he’s the biggest, must be good - nope nope nope).
Then I found @JoshFossgreen.
So, if not for Josh, I most likely would have written off my bass experiment, put the Squier and Rumble 40 in the corner and went back to sax full time. So @JoshFossgreen is kinda really responsible for the other 16 basses…sigh. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes