Just Picked this Little Vox Bass Headphone Amp Up Today

So far, I like it. I hadn’t played in a week because of my body pain. Saw @JoshFossgreen ‘s YouTube review of the regular Vox headphone amp and decided to try it. GC had the model that Josh reviewed with the Bass version right next to it. Kinda unsure what to get, I picked the Bass model.

Folks at the GC price matched and I was on my way. Setup was a breeze. I had far too many adult beverages in me to read the instructions, so I fiddled with it until it worked.

Sounds good so far.

I played a little bit of Glycerin (I am new to Bass and have no idea how I even did it.), had a blast and love this little guy.

Hands hurt like hell now, but yay for me - I did it! I played for the first time in a week!

Here’s the new addition:

9 Likes

Thats great, I have heard pretty good things.
I have not gotten one because I use my headphones out of my iMac or my Zoom B1x-Four or my amp, or even my DarkGlass A;pha Omega Ultra.
If I ever find a need, it will be this or the NU>X that has also gotten favorable reviews by those here in Bass Buzz that have bought them.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of them. I have two, for some reason…

4 Likes

Cuz you NEED two

3 Likes

@T_dub I like it. I’m still new, but I think it’s good for me to use late at night. I would like to get hooked into the MacBook Pro I have from 2017. It’s only got 2 USB type ports, but I’m in the process of switching from 2 monitors to just 1 34” since I do design as well and can use that second Type C for a hub.

If I tell the missus any of this, she will end me. I’m 6’6”, but that 5’10” girl scares me when her patience runs out.

4 Likes

Well done @architecht13,
Any practice is good ,be it as @howard mentioned the other day.
Theory or practicing,it all helps👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

@b.s.excavations thanks, buddy! I know I need to get into the lessons, but today was just shooting pucks on net to get used to things again. Hockey metaphor. Hope it made sense?

5 Likes

@architecht13 I love the Playstation logo light :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@howard It’s been a staple of this room since I set it up. It’s one of the single greatest inexpensive purchases I have ever made. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You should have a headphone jack on that MacBook. Even my current one does. You just need a long enough Aux cable that you can plug into the Vox Headset amp and you can push backing tracks or you B2B lessons through there. It’s what I used when I first started…

6 Likes

2 is great for a backup. but 3 is a nice option incase you lend one out and need a backup. :rofl:

4 Likes

And 4 is good because it is an even number. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I will get 6.

6 Likes

I’ve had this headphone amp a couple months and really love it, while my wife is working at home this headphone amp saved the day!

5 Likes

I have one and it works fine. It’s nice to use when others are involved in another project and I won’t bother them. Sweetwater usually sets me up on items and the price was reasonable.

3 Likes