Just Picked this Little Vox Bass Headphone Amp Up Today

There is one for like under $100 shipped on Reverb right now, but I can’t buy it right now, I am bummed. it is not the DI full one, but I don’t need that, I have the Bass BDI-21 for DI out. I could use a DI amp out closer to the start of my chain to send out clean sound to the computer, and then the one at the back to do final eq and send it to the computer when I want my pedals recorded.

But that is one of a few pedals that I would buy right now, had I the spending money.

I am trying to sell a couple things right now, pedals, but Offer up is strange right now, almost nothing is selling.

Its after Christmas, still in Covid, waiting for tax returns, waiting for the next stimulus check, I think it will pick up in march.

2 Likes

Market is dead here too, I passed up a few great deals myself, and it took six months to sell my Streamer at a really good price.

Most of my pedals sold pretty well but not as fast as a year ago. Down to just the EBS, Carl Martin, and also the tuner (which I will keep).

That sample does sound killer. The Darkglass plugins pretty much get you that tone?

2 Likes

I freaking love my BDI-21. It’s basically a standard part of my tone now.

3 Likes

Have wondered if the real thing is better, or any tech21 stuff, but side by side I liked BDI-21 better than Sansamp sound wise (online comparison samples)

2 Likes

No, the Darkglass plugins get you tone that sounds EXACTLY like the respective pedals.

That sample is an effect I made myself:

MultiPass is a parametric five-band channel strip that allows you to assign different effect chains to different frequency bands. It’s one of the most useful things I have ever seen. I use it all the time.

3 Likes

I fear the rabbit hole…or rather my wallet does…lol. I get sucked into things, and then get frustrated with figuring out using it…but that sounds so fun and frustrating with a nice reward at the end…ah man!

2 Likes

Oh, and good job, that’s a nice distortion tone!

2 Likes

thanks!

If you’re in the market for a reasonably priced headphone amp definitively take a look at the NuX Mighty Plug MP-2 Guitar and Bass Amp Modeling Headphone Amp.
It’s the same idea as the VOX but with built in cabinet sims, effects and you can (I think) load in your own IRs, plus you can stream music i.e backing tracks from your phone to it and you can use it as a recording interface to directly record to your computer. Plus built in metronome, drums track etc. For not much more than the Vox, it looks a lot more powerful.
Around $90 US

2 Likes

I think it may depend on what revision. I think the sansAmp has gone thru some revisions, and the Behringer probably just captured one of those versions, my guess would be the first, but then again, I don’t know the chronological order in which the sansAmp was made, and the Behringer copied it. I can’t say at what point in the evolution of the SansAmp did Behringer clone it, with any certainty.

the BDI-21 is a copy of this version of the Sansamp BDDI :

That never had a revision or upgrade of any type since its been released?

The current model has a midrange control.

there are different versions of the Sansamp : with different switching options, different EQ, pedal or rack, multi channel … but as far as I know, the BDI-21 is still a clone of the first one.

1 Like

Yep, that’s my understanding too.

1 Like

that makes 3

yeah, i love the darkglass vmt so much that i bought the big boy ultra version of it. and promptly returned it and got the regular one again. it just didn’t have the same sound as the plain old vanilla one did. but from what i have heard, the plugin is spot on.

1 Like