Just signed on to play the Friendship Festival 30-50K people

Wait a minute, is the NEX open to the general public for the day? If so, that’s way way better than Woodstock :rofl:

3 Likes

afraid not…they separate the base to festival goers…id card carriers…the NEX is squarely in the id card zone…but maybe if we are carrying gear we can move from one zone to the other without being stopped or if the guy checking is someone I know…but no promises

3 Likes

Ha ha! Just like fishing!

5 Likes

Congrats! Any plans to play Danger Zone for the naval base?

5 Likes

I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of that but nope…but I’d love to do Great Balls of Fire

4 Likes

This is so cool @Tokyo_Rat!

What a great thing to do and to have the memory of later.
I’d love to come if I was over there.

5 Likes

I wish you were…I think its gonna be a great time

4 Likes

@Tokyo_Rat

Man, what a great opportunity!
Soinds like it will be a blast. I will echo others: please regale us with details, photos and/or video so we can enjoy this experience as well!

5 Likes

Absolutely, its already paying dividends. Because we were hired for the festival, the same entertainment crew has suggested that we be hired for the New Sanno hotel which is the Armed Forces retreat in Tokyo, and for the Chiefs Club here at Yokosuka…looks like it is going to be a busy fall and hopefully holiday season. but first things first…I will definitely be posting up pics and vids…we are rounding out the set list now. We have a two hour show on sept 2nd about 24 songs and the dozen we’ll play for festival will come there

7 Likes

That’s awesome. The New Sanno is an institution. I keep meaning to dig up my DD214 and discharge papers to go get a membership.

Apparently the bar is frozen in time, with $1 budweiser. And their yearly BBQ is famous.

4 Likes

@howard i was only there once for our UMUC graduation, my wife loved it but kept comparing it to the Dragon Hill in Seoul and there is nothing that compares to the Dragon…the donuts alone are worth flying there for

3 Likes

Stuff like this and PX access are things I really miss about having a military ID card :rofl:

New Sanno lets you get their membership with a DD214 though, just need to do it.

2 Likes

Set list is done…

Festival Set

Get off my cloud

Rude

I want candy

Stray Cat Strut

Better When I’m Dancing

stand by me (john lennon)

Satisfaction

Don’t let me down

Red dress

Mr jones

Sultans of swing

Sugar

Tide is high/Stir it up

Zombie

Waiting on a war

Brown Eyed Girl

9 Likes

Cool set list! Man, that’s gonna be some serious fun. Have a blast!

4 Likes

Great set, guess I am showing my age :grimacing:

5 Likes

And your taste.

4 Likes

I think its gonna be a great time…a lot of classics a few within the last 10 yrs or so…without keys you always get a little limited but I’m not complaining a bit

5 Likes

I don’t know most of these were picked by the 16yr old drummer except the Sultans tune that was picked by the guitar player…LOL

5 Likes

great set list :smiley: Some real crowd-pleasers in there :wink: And a bit of “bass-solo” in Brown Eyed Girl - hope you’re gonna have a blast :upside_down_face: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The base just started advertising the event, and public affairs office is doing an article on Penny Pagan with a focus on our drummer being a highschool student on base

8 Likes