Just signed on to play the Friendship Festival 30-50K people

Is there a web page/schedule up for this yet? I might be coming with a few people, want to send around the info.

3 Likes

not so much… Yokosuka MWR Happenings

this will be the closest that you get

3 Likes

yeah that and a brief announce on the MWR page was all I saw. Ok thanks! I’ll just send the flyer PDF :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ill talk to mwr tomorrow about it

They are asking for a stage plot and equipment requirements…going for an svt with 4-12 and a 15

Guitar player are going for twins

Drummer wants 5 piece 2 crash 1 ride

4 Likes

sweeeeeeeeeet

4 Likes

Sounds like an amazing opportunity. Hope it’s blast!

2 Likes

Looks like MWR updated the page:

https://www.navymwryokosuka.com/activity/84bf6b1e-69a8-4367-898c-2764f1f4c843

You’re on from 10-11am? We are planning to meet family at Yokosuka station around 10-10:30 so we’ll probably catch the last quarter of your set or so :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i figure it will take you about an hour or more to get in the gate the last one they had people were lined up from womble gate to past mikasa park and on to rt 16

3 Likes

Wow!

Unfortunately I don’t think we can get there before 10, we’ll see though.

1 Like

Mikasa Sukasa :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

hahaha…been here with mikasa for a dozen years and never made that connection now I’ll be saying it constantly

2 Likes

Entrance at Womble Gate?

Looking like it will be about 10:15 when I get to Yokosuka-Chuuou. Should make plans for you, Jerry and my group to meet somewhere after your gig :slight_smile:

2 Likes

absolutely…the stage is in the bowling alley parking lot, the main street will be packed but around the main entrance to the bowling alley is a great place to look. i’m on FB Larry Criner if you want to use messenger

1 Like

Don’t have FB. You have LINE or WhatsApp?

1 Like

no, I have FB, linkedin, and kakao talk

3 Likes

I am legit impressed you have managed to make it this long in Japan without someone demanding you make a LINE account :slight_smile:

2 Likes

View from the stage and the sound board

8 Likes

How’s the nerves going @Tokyo_Rat ?
I would be in a real mess
Oh and “break a leg” mate. I hope you and the band have a great day

4 Likes

Feeling pretty good…keep telling myself im back ground noise for people eating burgets and ramen

They have been lining up since 0700 the gate dont open for hours

11 Likes

Cool! Break a leg (not literally).

6 Likes