Learning songs that don't fit on one page

Mine is supposedly compatible with iPad as well, but I haven’t tried. These page turners just emulate cursor up/down or page up/down keys, they’re basically a keyboard with 4 keys. You can use them with any application that reacts to those keys.

3 Likes

@akos is your page turner capable of turning PDF pages and will it work on an Android tablet?

3 Likes

I’ve only tried with my MacBook, but yes it works with the pdf viewer, or anything else that scrolls with cursor keys or pgup/down keys. You can use it with the browser as well, so you can turn pages in noteflight, songsterr, the bassbuzz forum, etc…

3 Likes

Yep it works with pdf and android.

Currently I use mine to hit record/stop on reaper. Pretty useful!

4 Likes

Great minds think alike.

6 Likes

I am just getting to that problem. It is crazy that everyone has to rig their own hack in order to be able to read along. It would be great if the sheet music on all these tab sites scrolled down ahead of the cursor so you could see the next line before you get to the end of the page.

4 Likes

I don’t mind printing out the score and laying it out (like in my photo). What I hate is when I buy a score and it has tab along with the musical notation, which is a waste of space and results in more pages to have to print out. I sometimes cut and paste those scores to remove the tab and save space. I can reduce ten pages down to five by removing the tab :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

I’ve been living life wrong.

3 Likes

Page turner pedals :wink:

3 Likes

I wish I could rig a cardboard extension that would hold all the scrolling tabs to the youtube videos I watch to learn some songs. :thinking: :wink:

4 Likes

+100%

Late to the topic but just got into using a page turner several weeks ago.

This is the one I settled on. It is 1/2 the price of the Moukey and the switches are completely silent. The build is solid and there is some heft to it. The only thing I do not like is that it has a rechargeable battery instead of AAs but all round it is working flawlessly.

I had a harder time choosing my tablet software. I have a Samsung Android 10.5" tablet and in the end went with MobileSheets Pro. The combination of the two worked out perfectly.YMMV :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes