Let’s Rally Gang - an update on our Bad Ass Bass Gal @PamPurrs

8 Likes

Oh, I forgot to mention: my hair is starting to grow back.

28 Likes

Or spirit. No matter what life is throwing at you @PamPurrs you seem to take all of it in stride. You’re the greatest inspiration any of us can have.

8 Likes

You’ve got one up on me straight away there @PamPurrs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

I am so keeping you in my prayers. Even though I don’t know you, from this forum I’ve learned you are a wonderfully caring soul who makes this world a better place to live. Plus, you are a bassist, a musician, so we do have a few things in common we both understand that make us happy and appreciate life. Whether you believe in prayers or not (and I could go on and on about prayers I’ve actually had answered) I believe in them and I gladly give mine to you. If everyone in this world would just give five seconds to stop hating and just start caring for each other, maybe it would become 10 seconds, 20 seconds, and grow and grow until all of us love each other and hate finally dies away……I pray you heal and continue to spread your life’s joy to all who are touched by your presence in this world.

12 Likes

See? Already way ahead of me :rofl:

12 Likes

You’re all ahead of me. I’m still working on losing mine

11 Likes

I’ve got lots if anybody could use a hank.

8 Likes

Looking forward to hearing the continued positive progress Pammy! Hang in there and keep kicking cancer’s butt!! Prayers being sent your way.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update @PamPurrs
So proud of you keep walking forward.
Awesome about your hair

7 Likes

Geez, I was looking for you on the Discord and find out you’re here instead. Sending all the positive energy I can muster.

10 Likes

I haven’t been on that Discord in well over a year. I didn’t think that thing was even still going lol.
Thank you!

6 Likes

Hi @PamPurrs

I’ve just returned to the forum after too long a break from playing. Sending love and best wishes.

Matthew

9 Likes

Welcome back @MattHinchliffe and thank you.

7 Likes

Thank you for the regular updates. Crossing my fingers that you’re past the worst of it and things are better from here on out.
You really are the heart and soul here!

8 Likes

Thank you

8 Likes

Here’s a brief update on my cancer…

On Tuesday, I had an MRI. Yesterday (Wednesday) all the doctors at the cancer center had their weekly “Tumor Meeting” (as they call it), at which they collectively review all the current cancer cases and discuss future treatment plans. The discussion of my case involved whether or not my tongue will have to be amputated, based on the findings of the MRI image.
I have an appointment tomorrow (Friday) morning with my doctor to discuss what conclusion they came to. I’m hoping I don’t have to lose my tongue.
I think I can handle not ever being able to speak again. I think I can learn to live with never again being able to enjoy a steak, or sushi, or bacon and eggs. I’ve had a feeding tube before (during my last throat cancer), and I think I can live with having one for the remainder of my life.
What I’m having a hard time coping with is the thought of never ever being able to drink another beer!
Keep your fingers crossed :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

22 Likes

Damn. At least your spirits seem up! Humans are if anything an adaptable species, though :smiley:

9 Likes

Sending prayers, good thoughts, & good vibes.

9 Likes

Damn, but that would be a heavy appointment to be waiting for.
All the best to you @PamPurrs !

9 Likes