Let’s Rally Gang - an update on our Bad Ass Bass Gal @PamPurrs

Quality…not quantity.

8 Likes

That’s great news, Pam! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop. We’re all cheering for you! Can’t wait to see you back 100%!

9 Likes

Trying to get off the sauce, so toasting your positive progress, and inevitable victory over cancer, with a frozen mug full of Detroit’s own Strohs vanilla ice cream and Vernors ginger ale……for that Motown Mojo to be cancer free!

9 Likes

The BEST!

7 Likes

I’ve never tried Vernors. I don’t know if it’s even available in Arizona.

5 Likes

My youngest son had a short layover in Phoenix (he’s an American Airlines pilot), and dropped by to check on me. I look like a shrimp next to him LOL.

24 Likes

It’s a very regional brand owned upper mid-west) by Keurig-Dr Pepper (formerly Cadbury Beverages, my old company). When I worked there we could order it in or simply get the raw materials and make our own. It is a bitey, spicy ginger ale but very well balanced. Think Canada Dry on a few steroids.

9 Likes

I was going to ask how it compares. CD is my favorite.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Saw it on Amazon………:+1::smiley:

5 Likes

Here’s the latest update on my cancer, for those interested…

Part one:
Yesterday, I had a meeting with the oncology surgeon to discuss the possibility of needing surgery on my tongue. He scheduled an MRI for me for next Tuesday. On Wednesday, all the doctors have a weekly meeting, at which time they review all the cases (including mine ). I am meeting with the surgeon again the following Friday to discuss their finding based on what the MRI reveals.
Bottom line: even though I’m making good progress, there’s still a possibility I may lose all or part of my tongue. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

Part two:
Today I had my first immunotherapy infusion, which was a piece of cake after all those three hour chemotherapy infusions. My next one is in six weeks. Afterwards, I met with a speech pathologist to talk about my speech impairment as a result of the cancer tumor being on my tongue. The consensus is that the cancer has caused irreparable damage to the nerves, and as a result, I am doomed to talked like Elmer Fudd for the remainder of my life (assuming I don’t lose my tongue, in which case the point is moot). He gave me some sheets of verbal exercises to do that he said might help. In any case, it appears I will never speak normally again, but I can still play bass.
I’ll post another update after I meet with the doctors next week.

30 Likes

Hang in there @PamPurrs! Let’s hope for the best possible outcome!

8 Likes

Keeping everything crossed for you for the best outcome @PamPurrs

8 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:
Crossing my fingers for good news… Thanks for keeping us in the loop… Best wishes.

8 Likes

Still praying for you

8 Likes

I wish you all good things.

8 Likes

Still praying for you to beat this. :pray:

7 Likes

Thanks for the update @PamPurrs, keep plucking and I will keep praying

8 Likes

Aw Pam, I bet you speak beautifully, regardless. And as someone who sings, I’m always blown away by what a commitment to exercising our own mouth-parts can do for our enunciation and the general nimbleness of our voices. Keep at it, girl, no matter the outcome. At the end of the day, a tongue is not our Pam. :heartbeat:

12 Likes

They can take your tongue, they can take your voice, but they will never take your heart or soul @PamPurrs.

Steven Hawking couldn’t talk - didn’t get in his way, and I highly doubt it will for you either. And considering you know sign, you already can communicate with the most important person anyway.

Besides, I always liked Mr. Fudd, heart of gold.

9 Likes