Let’s Rally Gang - an update on our Bad Ass Bass Gal @PamPurrs

I wish you all the best, @PamPurrs. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Great news @PamPurrs - I’ve been thinking about you and hoping your treatment is going well :heart::guitar::metal:

10 Likes

@PamPurrs That’s great news, Positive vibes sent your way.
Keep fighting never give up

8 Likes

Good advice…you don’t know where that table’s been :wink:
Good news so far!

8 Likes

if it were me the world would be roughly 60% for me not being able to talk anymore :man_facepalming::grin:

9 Likes

UPDATE:
Today I had a follow-up to the biopsy that was taken last week. I met with the surgeon who went over the report with me. The opinion now is that my entire tongue needn’t be removed, but still the possibility of a smaller surgery to remove the portion of the tongue with the cancer. I asked if I would be unable to swallow and speak after that surgery, and he answered that the aftermath would be unpredictable. I didn’t like that answer. I suggested I continue with the immunotherapy for now and see how I respond.
I now have another appointment in 2 weeks with both the surgeon and the oncologist to discuss options. I DO NOT want surgery if I can avoid it, but will choose it over death.
Overall, I’m feeling good, and the unbearable pain I was suffering a few months ago is history. I’m feeling very optimistic.

32 Likes

Great to hear you are feeling better @PamPurrs, hope you can avoid the knife if possible. Did you ever enjoy that cold beer?

9 Likes

Great to hear that @PamPurrs, hope with the treatments there isn’t any surgery needed. Thinking of you

7 Likes

Yes, I have 2 or 3 per day as part of my effort to gain back my lost weight :beer: :beer: :beer:

13 Likes

The Golden lining in all of this, nutritious, medicinal beer!

10 Likes

Terrific update @PamPurrs !!
Hope you celebrate each and every victory no matter how big or small.

8 Likes

Drink 2 beers and call me in the morning! Best remedy ever! :beers:

8 Likes

8 Likes

Stay positive, Pam. Lead with your strong heart. All the best to you.

7 Likes

I have 2 or 3 a day, too. Has nothing to do with my weight, though.

Cheers, Pam! :beers:

6 Likes

Isotonic sports beverage for true champions.

5 Likes

Oh yes it does :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Helps me keep my girlish figure. :relieved:

6 Likes

Great update @PamPurrs .
I’m really hoping for the no surgery option for you . I’m sure you’ll beat it one way or another.
@howard tip with the Guinness is a good one. I actually remember the nurses allowing my Grandpa a can a night in hospital after one of his many stays!

6 Likes

Them’s my kind of nurses!

7 Likes