Let’s Rally Gang - an update on our Bad Ass Bass Gal @PamPurrs

Well, I wasn’t expecting this today. Pam is one of the first virtual friends I had when I joined the forum almost three years ago. @PamPurrs , you’ll beat this again and you and Sara will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and fight as I know you will.
:heart:

15 Likes

Could not have said it better John, @PamPurrs is certainly a…

Pam was one of the first (if not the first) to encourage me here on the forum, one of the great friends (I’ve never met), a rock solid pillar of this community, and definitely our one and only….
BABG-1000-3-oosezi1udtg3baghoyb2fhefftrjzwf3kqxyzctlue

@PamPurrs , I pray for God’s “peace that passes all understanding” for you during this time, as well as your health, and wish you and Sara the very best. We are here for you!!!

12 Likes

So sad to hear this news @PamPurrs…. Being a fellow Vietnam Vet, you have always been a “Sister” to me…. I do pray that you will again beat this demon as you have in the past.

Take those cancer cells, pack them up in that old high school music book and pitch ‘em out that third story window!!

You’re a survivor - always have been…. You can beat this….

Love ya sister…. Welcome Home…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

19 Likes

I am really sorry to hear this.
As I am fairly new here I don’t really know PamPurrs, however you are in my thoughts and prayers and hope things go as well as they can for you.

13 Likes

Oh sorry to hear this @PamPurrs . Keep fighting - we all need you here

12 Likes

I hope @joergkutter doesn’t mind if I borrow what he so elegantly said, @PamPurrs , because he’s so right. From what I’ve read and experienced, you live your life very much on your terms - something not everyone has the guts to do. And you do it with grace, style, and a lot of love. :heart:

We’re here to listen and support through whatever comes next.

20 Likes

Amen. And once again with feeling: #F@CKCANCER

We’re all pulling for you, @PamPurrs.

12 Likes

fuck. i hate fucking cancer. we’re all behind you pam, you are an ongoing inspiration to all of us.

14 Likes

@PamPurrs WTF, cancer sucks. You are a rockstar and always look forward to your posts. I know you got this! You are the BABG!

13 Likes

Hey @PamPurrs , I can’t express how sorry I am to hear that you’re having to deal with this again. When I first joined this forum I had tons of questions and when I saw your bright and smiling avatar, I knew I’d be getting the answers that I needed.

You know Pam, you’ve licked the big C before and we all know you can do it again. Strength to you and Sara.

12 Likes

Like some others, this all hits too close to home, especially since we recently lost Joe. My dad is an 8 year survivor of prostate cancer but now he’s in hospice as it’s developed into bone cancer. My mom died of brain and lung cancer in 1996 and my brother is going through lymph node cancer. @PamPurrs you are our rock and nobody is tougher than you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Sara.

12 Likes

Such sad news @PamPurrs . Lost my mum to cancer at the third time having beat breast and lymph previously and the big C is a bummer. Stay positive as always. My thoughts are with you.

12 Likes

So sad to hear this :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Keep on fighting this :+1: :+1: :+1:

11 Likes

Pam, I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You have a strong will that has helped you through a lot in your life. You’ve contributed so much to this community, and there are many here, including me, who greatly appreciate all you’ve given us.

With Sara’s help and love, I know you will fight this cancer with all you’ve got. You’re not called “Bad Ass” for nothin’! Hugs from me to you and Sara.

12 Likes

Heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you and Sara @PamPurrs .
I cannot begin to imagine what you and Sara are going through at this moment in time.
As has been said, you are as tough as they come and will beat this.
F*ck cancer :fu:t2:

12 Likes

@PamPurrs, my thoughts with you.
We Veterans don’t know how to quit.
Keep fighting don’t let the bastard win.

12 Likes

Yet another heart breaking news. I’m so sad, you bring such positive influence and wonderful expression to this community. Stay strong and positive you’ll be in our thoughts and prayers.

12 Likes

Very sorry to hear this @PamPurrs … Wishing you strength for this upcoming fight. You did it once - you can do it again. You and your family will be in my thoughts. I appreciate all your contributions and look forward to you feeling well enough to keep it going…

Stay strong, take care of yourself and keep fighting. You got this.

Thanks for letting us know @John_E

12 Likes

@PamPurrs This just breaks my heart. I’m so sorry you and your family are having to go through this again.

Godspeed to you in finding some comfort as you go through this.

16 Likes

@PamPurrs I`m so sorry that you and Sara are having to face this again.

I know a remote and virtual community will be a low priority when your energy is low but if we can offer support or diversion, well we`re here.

14 Likes