Looking For Other Experiences (COVID)

So sorry to hear of everyone’s current/continuing ill effects from this shitty scourge. I hope you all feel much better soon.

5 Likes

Well, this might help explain some lingering effects…

Viable covid virii found in the brain and elsewhere up to 8 months after infection. And that’s just the longest they were able to look for; could be longer.

2 Likes

@eric.kiser
No, I didn’t get the vax
But Vitamin D is good for everything, including MS

1 Like

Does it really matter any more anyways. According to the news the pandemic is over, right?
Maybe that’s why most people are not wearing masks anymore and why the media is not giving new case and death numbers anymore.

It is interesting you still can’t go into a medical facility without a mask though.

Good luck with the vitamin D cureall. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I got the bivalent vax and am really glad I did. Side effects were minimal, too. Looking forward to a booster as this year’s strain is starting to seriously take off again; the predictions for China are pretty bleak.

Having had it once, that was definitely enough. Do Not Want Again. It was terrible and I seriously wonder how much worse it would have been had I not been triple-vaxxed when I got it. I feel very lucky to have whatever leg up I can get here.

2 Likes

Well that’s probably going to change soon when the oncoming Chinese wave hits after Chinese New Year … :frowning: I’ve started wearing masks again on long distance train journeys to be certain and made sure my shots are up to date …

Probably not a bad idea to get vitamin D supplements over winter if you don’t get a lot of sun…

3 Likes

Almost a third of my team at work have gotten it in the last month alone. Four out of 14. After the holidays it will be brutal. Especially as apparently Sinovax is completely innefective against the current strain.

2 Likes

I hope so because whatever people’s views are on Covid it is time to wake up and realize that Covid is not going away anytime soon, if ever, by itself. This reminds me of the old saying about the ostrich that believes if he has a problem it can be solved by sticking his head in the sand. and just ignoring it.

I never stopped wearing a mask anytime I am out. So far we have had a total of the initial 2 shots and three booster shots.

I am fortunate to live in the country but on weekends our population rises dramatically because of year round tourist traffic. It will be interesting to see what happens after all the family gatherings, and other large public meetings, are over, after the holiday season.

Agreed 100%

Stay safe :+1:

1 Like

:100:

Same here, I wear them 100% of the time out of the apartment. Still the usual for people here.

3 Likes

Good to hear but not the standard where I live.
As an example, last night I was watching the new years celebrations from Times Square in New York city and I would say that less than 1% of the tens of thousands of people attending were wearing a mask. What were the majority thinking?

2 Likes

Hasn’t been true for a while around here…

1 Like

You didn’t read the article, did you?

Seems the new formulas never stay ahead of the variants, so I don’t see the point, but thank you for your concern. :smiley:

1 Like

I hope we’re not suggesting that Vitamin D supplements have a similar efficacy as a vaccine?

3 Likes

well, not like bleach anyway :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No, I don’t think that’s where he was going with this.

The article is explaining that vitamin D is not actually a vitamin. It was mislabeled back when it was discovered. It is a steroid hormone similar to testosterone or estrogen and because of this it has very different effects on the body than other vitamins. It is interesting that in all the years I’ve dealt with MS, no one has bothered to explain this.

One of the things I didn’t appreciate about the article was the offering that lack of vitamin D is intrinsically associated with having MS. There are plenty of people who have never shown a lack of vitamin D (myself included) that still get MS. According to current research, the question of what causes MS is still very much unresolved.

6 Likes

The important question I need answered @eric.kiser is do I need to be smart to take complex vitamins?

Inquiring minds etc.

2 Likes

Yes I did. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Would this be a home brand or one from a reputable company :grin:

2 Likes

One experience I have had since COVID is brain fog. I used to pride myself on my memory. I could remember details, numbers, could do complicated math in my head. I could remember your phone number after hearing it just one time. After COVID, I can barely recall yesterday, have to constantly make notes to remind myself of things I need to do, people I have talked to, and a host of other memory related things that I always took for granted. Bass playing has taken a hit also. Before COVID, I could remember songs easily and played BJ at full tempo the first lesson it was presented in. Now, I have to look at the tab. I have read the fog may take a year or longer to totally lift. I just wish it would go away now…

5 Likes