Looking For Other Experiences (COVID)

It comes back and the fog lifts @EddieJones. Just not as fast as one would like. It’s crazy. And bad. Mine took forever and I was so happy when it lifted.

6 Likes

Did you read the article?

1 Like

I hope mine goes away, the sooner the better

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your health issues, I know this is an old post and I hope you’re doing better now!

I got Covid in 2020, the original strain, and lost my smell & taste for months. Had flu-like symptoms for a few days but otherwise was fine. My wife had the same experience. My son who was 10 at the time didn’t get sick at all.

I was hesitant to get the vaccine after hearing about heart issues post vaccination, especially in younger men (I’m 32). Two of my close family friends died of heart problems post vaccination as well so that kind of solidified my stance and I never got the shot. Haven’t been sick with anything since my initial infection :man_shrugging:t2:

All my vaccinated friends have had Covid 3-5 times. Anecdotal evidence for sure but I don’t think the vaccines really helped. Our health is the most valuable thing we have, I hope everyone is well!

1 Like

There’s really strong statistical evidence that they did, in fatality rates.

I had it too, and I’m 55 with a risk factor, so I am damned glad I was triple-vaxxed when I got it.

2 Likes

I should have been more clear, I meant it didn’t seem to help with infection/transmission.

I’m glad to hear you are well! I think we have all had a tough time during the last couple of years but it seems we made it through. Looking forward to the years to come :v:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a new, more highly transmissible variant is hitting China hard. It’s only a matter of time until it spreads worldwide. Regardless, hospitals are seeing increased infections now and expect even more in the coming weeks due to holiday gatherings indoors and the low number of people getting the bivalent booster.

2 Likes

Those days I’m getting out of the Covid. I’ve been sick during 3 weeks. I’ve been really tired, but honestly it has been way less than a flu. At least for me.

4 Likes

Super sorry you got it, and very glad it was a mild case!

4 Likes

It’s spreading to other countries. 33% of my team at work have had it in the last month alone. We’re all really worried about people getting it while travelling for the lunar holiday and returning with it.

2 Likes

thank you but it has been nothing serious really :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would describe my case as way more unpleasant than Influenza A, and with longer aftereffects… but not serious or life threatening, luckily.

3 Likes

The new variant is not only extremely transmissible but it also is resistant to the current vaccine/booster. Scientists are working overtime to come up with a new booster.

2 Likes

Yeah apparently it completely bypassed Sinovax. China is predicted to have deaths in the millions this winter, and complete medical system disruption.

2 Likes

Well generally as viruses mutate they become more infectious but less deadly. It’s bad business for a virus to kill its host. Guess we’ll wait and see what happens. Can’t go through another lockdown. Hopefully it will be a mild infection and we can take common sense precautions instead of the craziness we experienced in 2020

1 Like

Are the significantly more deaths there a result of lack of vaccines or are there other factors I don’t understand.

2 Likes

There is no way to hide from an airborne virus. Never has been

Based on their track record, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Taking a vax when your immune system is weak, is like puting race gas in a worn out engine. My opinion and $2.25 will get you a soda pop in the breakroom. :smile:

China is experiencing high death rates from Covid, not less.

1 Like