Looking For Other Experiences (COVID)

Yeah. I thoroughly hated working from home before all this. Now - I don’t want to go back to commuting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m really sorry you’re going through tough times.

I did not, at least from the vaccine itself. The whole COVID thing - the quarantine, the vaccine, the COVID variants, the vaccine debate, the mask debate - is making things hard though.

I got my vaccines back in February, and I’m lining up a booster in the next week or so. Since pre-COVID times I’ve gotten too out of shape and too old to get a bad case of COVID, so I’m doing everything I can to insure that I don’t get it, or if I do, that it’s a mild case. Insomuch as one can, of course.

But I tell you… I am G-D tired of sitting in this same spot, staring at the same walls, moving only enough to go into another room and stare at the same walls. Wash, rinse, repeat. The same thing, every day. I no longer look forward to weekends, as they seem to be no different from weekdays any longer.

I fashion myself a bit of a bicyclist, but I had a skin cancer biopsy on my cheek a month and a half ago, and it was removed a week and a half ago. The stitches have been removed, but there are still a couple of little scabs and a healing scar. Because of that, I haven’t been out on my bike at all. And it’s really wearing on me.

So, again, @eric.kiser, I’m very sympathetic to what you’re going through. Know that many of us out here are going through similar things, even if they’re for different (but maybe related) reasons. You’re not alone.

7 Likes

Here is my tourist photo of Seymour, IN claim to fame from this past week.
He was born in this small town, and I too would have figured out how to get the hell out of it too, haha.

The big “doins” recently was that the local music shop (on the other side of that wall) raised enough money to put up a light to light the mural at night.

For those of you starting at your walls, you can live vicariously through me and stare at this one…

3 Likes

Hey @eric.kiser
Weren’t you looking for one of these….
(Sorry for side track, can’t find original thread)

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gold-Tone/PAUL-BEARD-SIGNATURE-Electric-Bass-Guitar.gc

1 Like

There is a Primus song with these lyrics…

“Weekends don’t seem to mean so much when you’re unemployed
Except you get to hang out with your workin’ friends.”

They’ve lost some meaning with the current pandemic.

I think they’re really cool but I’m not in the market for one. There are other things I want to put money towards before buying more gear. Specifically, more lessons.

2 Likes

My thanks to everybody for your kind replies. Y’all are the best. :grinning:

6 Likes

It sounds like you need to check with your neurologist…. MS is essentially an autoimmune disease so there could be some relation to the vaccine or not, if someone would know is a neurologist who treats many MS patients…
I had only reaction to the first Pfizer dose, the next day, it was like a one day flu, nothing since, not Covid either, despite exposure :crossed_fingers: I had the booster also

4 Likes

Yeah. I’m not a doctor by any remote stretch, but while I doubt that the vaccine itself had any negative effect, I would not be surprised at all if the strong immune response it provoked has caused ancillary problems with his MS.

3 Likes

Yes, I do not believe it’s a vaccine issue, other that how I’m responding to it because I have MS.

I do have a Neurologist that specializes in MS that I’ve been seeing for over a decade. It just takes time to get into see him and if you feel anything weird, they always start with, “Well, let’s get an MRI.” I don’t blame them as it’s the only way to be even remotely sure what’s going on. However, it does get costly.

Wait, let me put it in terms everybody here can appreciate.
An MRI costs about the same as a really nice bass. :rofl:

3 Likes

The US health care system strikes again! Sorry man, that’s awful. Seriously awful, what a chilling effect on a useful test.

They run about $60-$100 here (not exaggerating - that’s what my medical center charges.) Usually can get in on the same day, too. Nationalized health care with cost caps pretty much rules, in my experience, despite the handwringing of US politicians.

Something has to fix this in the US. It’s not sustainable.

3 Likes

Wow! That is pretty surprising.

As much as that would make my life easier, I’m not prepared to get into that conversation here. That would definitely get this thread shut down.

2 Likes

Yeah… good point. Sorry. I get pretty pissed off about people not being able to get treatments they need over stuff like this, but this isn’t the place for that.

3 Likes

So @eric.kiser …… what nice bass have you in mind instead of the MRI? :thinking::joy:

2 Likes

You joke… but this has happened before. :rofl:

This year, my yearly MRI turned into a Rumble 800 head and a 115 cabinet.
I regret nothing. :sunglasses:

Sometimes, the best medicine is finding pleasure in the life you have.

12 Likes

It’s all good Howard. Your hearts in the right place and I appreciate it.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
Good man @eric.kiser
Treatment is not always the best thing to satisfy the soul.

2 Likes

I’ve never had anything other than the physical response of a sore arm from any vaccinations.
Except from my second Pfizer. I felt like I had a tight hat for about half an hour. Then the phone rang and I forgot about it.
What I would recommend that you keep in mind is that there are a huge range of reactions, ranging from nothing, to everything.
Which are the ones that you hear about and remember?

Sorry to hear that you guys get shafted for MRI costs. Mine have never cost a cent AND I was given the DCOM files to make 3D fly through models of myself with the free software medical software you can find on the internet.

Sorry that you’re having a hard time of it, eric. I’m up and down with lockdown and covid too. Between Bassbuzz and Yousician, I’m keeping my time reasonably well spent.

2 Likes

Well spoken, @eric.kiser . . . that’s exactly what I’m doing these days :+1:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Lots if people inclyding ne feel totally burned out and overwhelmed. The mental toll of all this is staggering…add to that increased stress from kids, school and workplaces stuck in the past, etc. You are not alone. Best thing for me is to jam on my bass and then pound the pedals on my bike.

2 Likes

Yes. I have p.p.m.s. and i get where youre at. Complete lack of fun tickets. But then there’s this…

9 Likes