Looking For Other Experiences (COVID)

Yeah, you’re there. My ms is that groovy. Primary-progressive model. So the neuro crowd wants me to get new mri films yearly. That way they can track the progress. I find it hard to believe that is so critical-i tend to think it’s because i have good health insurance that i pay WAAAYYY too much for.
I’ve often wondered if i were on Medicaid or un-insured what the treatment program would consist of. Probably 2 Tylenol and watching that poppy video…

6 Likes

I’ve been double-vaxxed and double boosted. I also got a flu shot when I got my first booster. All I ever experienced negatively from all of that was a sore arm a couple of times, and that was because of clumsy nurses. The others were completely uneventful.

I’ve had two friends, from completely different ends of the political spectrum, have break-through Covid infections due to Omicron. I want no part of that crap.

I’ve worked from home for decades. My wife is a professor who specializes in distance learning. So, lockdown was nothing new to either of us. What was new was having groceries and take-out food delivered. We do both to this day, and gladly. It’s like ordering room service in a hotel.

5 Likes

I just had my second booster today, feeling mildish flu symptoms. I haven’t had Covid yet while almost everyone around me has.

Rambling. Don’t need that

3 Likes

Haven’t had it yet AFAIK, triple vaxxed, will get a second booster when offered. Like the day it is offered.

4 Likes

I am double-vaxxed and single booster, second booster in 2 weeks after 5 month waiting period.

All this talk about immunization and yet the the media keeps saying we are in Post pandemic.
People are still being hospitalized, going into ICU and dying. I don’t see anything post about this.

Maybe that’s what Trump was talking about when he talked about ‘fake news’ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Tokyo’s still getting a 35% positive rate on tests. It’s still killing more than 400 people per day in the US. Four months ago it was killing more than 4000 people a day in the US.

This is far from over, no matter how much we want it to be. It’s just that people are tired of dealing with it and are giving up, and just assuming they will get it (or are willing to risk it.)

5 Likes

Yeah we’re lucky over here that the milder variant seems to be dominant. I wouldn’t be surprised if the incidence is under reported - people get a headache and a sore throat and just take a couple of days off. We’re still getting a couple of dozen reported deaths each day though and we don’t know how Long COVID is going to work out …

2 Likes

So i never got 'rona afaik, but a lot of folk near me did. I was in Columbus, Oh. And they are still dealing with it in a big way there.
I did everything they said. I isolated ( that’s my thing anyway ) i got the shots, got the booster, waiting for the next one,

Don’t get this wrong, but after the big wave that crested right during the election, most of the people i saw getting it were the same ones who refused the vaccines. I’m sure the breakthrough infections are real, that’s just fact.

Take it like you will. I’m for the vaccination. It worked for me. We don’t hear about all the people that don’t get sick because that doesn’t get ratings.

3 Likes

Ugg fukk. Dodged it so far but Tokyo numbers are way up and there was some asshat coughing his way to work on the train last week. Last night I started feeling super flu-like, dry throat and coughing. Dammit.

Not really a bad fever yet, well see. Have to order an at-home test I guess.

6 Likes

Hang in, man. Hope the shit didn’t get you. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I’ll be all right. Mostly I’m just annoyed.

2 Likes

Hey Covid twin!!
My daughter and I got this week.
Started wtih a tickle in my throat Tuesday night and flu like stuff Wednesday am.
Instant postitive home test.

Thursday and Friday am were the worst of it, like a sorta bad flu.
Still have symptoms but can tell much better today.

I never got a fever but had a lot of chills and sweats.

My daughter was congested and coughed (she started earlier, Sunday) for a day and a half and then fine (darn kids immune system).

Agree with you on the…

I worked so hard to not get it.
My daughter was at a sleep away camp for two weeks and best we can figure the pickup day (all the kids were tested before arrival) all the dirty parents arriving from all over the country to get their kids spread the covid love.

I have had worse flus and symptoms.
Grateful. Go science!
Luckily the quarantine area for me is my music room and kids playroom, so not really that bad.

I do foresee a nagging cough in my near future.

People are dropping left and right at work from it, really causing productivity delays, guess this is the new normal, people actually staying home when they are sick (as least for a while, I am sure it won’t last).

4 Likes

Ugh! Sorry man. Hope you feel better too.

2 Likes

Lots of fluids (Go Gatorade!) and rest my friend.

3 Likes

Yeah. I can tell a good solid few days of mindless videogames is in my near future. Maybe re-binge Clone Wars or something too.

5 Likes

The wife and I got it this week as well. This is our second time.
The 1st time it was Beta variant and we were sick for 3 weeks. This time I’m guessing it’s Omicron BA.4 or BA.5 and the worst was for 3 days, and mild compared to what we experienced with Beta. Mild cough and mild sore throat. Lots of chills and sweating like there’s no tomorrow. Had to change shirts sometimes 3 times a night when I woke up in a pool of sweat.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear! Had kept it away for more than two years myself, but caught it about two-three weeks ago… took me a whole week to get on top of it again (good thing a bunch of maniacs were cycling it out in the French countryside during my “downtime” :smile:)

It was quite bad for two-three days (really heavy fly symptoms) and after that mostly a tiredness and a persistent dry cough. Can’t imagine what it might have been like without the vaccinations…

Get better soon!

4 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, very glad to be triple vaxxed.

3 Likes

Hope you guys feel better.

4 Likes

Had it in February. 3 days sore throat.

2 Likes