Looking For Other Experiences (COVID)

So far, respiratory symptoms are not too bad (knock on wood) but the headache and general aches and pains suuuuuuck. Feels very much like Influenza A - so much that I wonder if that’s what I actually have. Should hear back on my PCR test tomorow.

4 Likes

That’s awful, bruh. I hope you get feeling better just about immediately.

3 Likes

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Welp, the PCR test results came back. You know it’s bad news when they call you at 8:45pm. Definitely have the 'rona. I’m so pissed :rofl:

8 Likes

Mines still lingering on (started in earnest last Wednesday am). Still tired and sweaty, head stuffy. Headaches. Even sitting and working wears me out. Can do stuff but tire fast.

Rest and hydrate @howard

6 Likes

Thanks. Mine started Saturday night, felt a bit better yesterday, feel worse today. I suspect this will go on a while. Not up for much besides bingeing youtube.

Getting lots of fluids for sure.

5 Likes

Yes seems to yo-yo good/bad/good/bad - fun times.

5 Likes

Get well soon, guys! Might I suggest my go-to over-the-counter medicine to treat any flu-like symptoms:

Made with oranges, so obviously chock-full of Vitamin C and other wholesome goodness. Of course, 40% alcohol doesn’t hurt either. Cheers :tumbler_glass:

8 Likes

Yes rest and fluids is the key, and yes it’s yo-yo symptoms.
I took yesterday and today off and have basically stayed in bed 3-1/2 days and I’m good to go. I’ll be back at work tomorrow. Today is day 6 into it for me.

5 Likes

My Mom makes a liqueur called “44”. You embed 44 grains of cofee in an orange. You then dissolve 44 sugar cubes in 400ml of warm water and you let it cool. You then place the orange in the water, add 600 mls of rectified sporit (96 volts, yeah, baby!) and let it sit in a cool, dark place for 44 days, occasionally giving it a gentle swish. If all you can get is weak stuff of 40 percent, you have to use that sans agua, but then the sugar takes more swishing to dissolve.

It’s an excellent remedy for everything, verticality included.

4 Likes

Can I bring that across the border?

3 Likes

The Covid virus is so strange. How many variations of symptoms, contagiousness, length of illness, and lingering symptoms (long Covid, etc.) can there be? Has any other disease presented with so many variations?

While so far I have managed to avoid catching it (have kept as isolated as possible, which is not very hard for an introvert; YMMV), in late May my eldest son brought it home. He goes out and about with abandon, so I was surprised he hadn’t caught it sooner.

My husband went out with him in a car a day before eldest son presented with symptoms, so had close contact with him. The next day, both had severe sore throats (described as “razor blades”). My son also had, shall we say, lower digestive tract symptoms, but my husband did not. Neither had fever, headache, extreme fatigue, or much else, except my husband thought he was getting upper respiratory issues for a day or so, but it never got bad. Both tested strongly positive for Covid. I think for both, it lasted a bit over one week, before they each tested negative and were symptom-free.

Neither my youngest son (who, along with the eldest, also lives with us), nor I had any symptoms. I thought for sure we would all come down with it. My youngest son, who goes into the office one day a week, had to stay home for 10 days and test negative before he could go back in.

Vaccinations? Eldest son had none; youngest son first two shots only; husband first two, plus one booster; I had first two, plus two boosters. :woman_shrugging: Who knows which variety of Covid they had? It still might have been Omicron at that point in time. Perhaps my youngest son and I got by with totally asymptomatic cases; we only tested when the others had tested negative.

I’m so sorry to read of other BassBuzzers having all their different symptoms and feeling ill. I send best wishes for your quick and complete recoveries!

9 Likes

All I know is I am really glad I was triple-vaxxed, because if it is this bad after having trained my immune system, it would be a real mofo unvaxxed.

Feels exactly like a bad case of Influenza A. Definitely sucktastic.

6 Likes

Recently watched the documentary The First Wave. Pretty tough viewing watching people dying in the ER room despite every modern piece of medical equipment and professional staff available and makes me glad I’m triple vaccinated.

5 Likes

Spent the night in the ER yesterday due to my first bout of covid after positive test. 103.8 fever, shortness of breathe, horrid cough, rapid heatrate, dizziness. Took 5 hours to get a room because of understaffing… luckily nothing life threatening… just a really bad case. They brought down the fever, did a bunch of tests said i wasn’t dying, and sent me in my merry way.

Thought it was nuts they had me sprauled out in the waiting room that long with covid. I guess all the hospitals in the area are understaffed because a ton of people quit during the pandemic.

8 Likes

UGH! So sorry man. That’s awful.

4 Likes

Hospitals are understaffed all over. I have to go into the ER about once a week now and it scares me every time. No covid yet but I feel like my days are numbered

5 Likes

Feel better!

5 Likes

Man, I hope all you guys feel better and stronger soon!

5 Likes

Guess i never thought that a virus would being about the change this one has. I don’t know if the changes are good or not-but that’s beside the point. Take care of yourselves and get better soon!

3 Likes

Day 8 - headaches and weird dry dirty sock in mouth feeling persist. Tired still. (4x vaxxed btw)
Daughter is fine and testing negative, bounced back quick
Still uninterested in work (but do believe this started pre-covid, lol).
Best part is I have not gotten brain fog, which I was most worried about as I don’t need any more of this than I normally create on my own.

8 Likes