Looking For Other Experiences (COVID)

My sense of taste is fine but my mental capability right now is somewhere around binge-watching bad TV show clips on YouTube, more or less.

Feeling better today (knock on wood). Unfortunately my wife is starting to feel sick, though. Just sent in her PCR test, but we know what it will say.

4 Likes

I have one of the co-morbidities that can make COVID worse-diabetes. I had been vaxxed about a month and came down with it as did 14 others at my job. It actually killed my used car manager. He was patient zero for us. For the next 18 days, I could not walk 5-10 ft without having to stop and catch my breath. And I still have brain fog and no smell.

3 Likes

oddly enough, I have been reading like a fiend. I am a super slow reader, love it, but struggle getting thorugh books. I have finished 3 so far this week wtih covid (and watched a bunch of movies too, including Eraserhead. lol).

It is intern presenation week at work so during the day have been doing a lot of that vs. difficult thinking work, which I think helps too

3 Likes

6 Likes

Day 7 for me and besides the occasional residual cough here and there I’m back to normal and at work. I’m still allergic to work, that didn’t change! :laughing: Same for the wife except she loves her work (lucky her).

I’m not vaccinated, but I had Covid before so odiously my body already knows how to deal with it. I guess all the crap they said against natural immunity was that, crap.

Fog brain came for me after I had recovered the first time around and lasted for a while. I hope you don’t get it, it sucks.

5 Likes

Day 5 here, starting to feel better, might work a bit tomorrow. We’ll see. Still have the cognitive power of a failed guitarist.

10 Likes

Day 11 -
Finally tested negative but symptoms are varied and so weird (in a not good way).
Balance is off - less dizzy vs. dis-oriented.
Tried driving the other day, not good.
Discovered I cannot stand on one foot with my eyes closed.
New symptoms I didn’t have before:

• burning /watering eyes
  • stomach issues
  • extreme fatigue - i was tired before, but now worse - if I do something (like walk the dog) i am a mess for a few hours, but it is different than just tired, its a whole body thing.
  • burning in throat and very odd dry wheezy cough

It really is like no other bug I ever had.
And I don’t want it again.
Decided taking the day actually off tomorrow (not turning on my PC and turning off email on my phone) and just resting.

9 Likes

Your symptoms sound like what we had the 1st time. It might not be Omicron, maybe you caught an earlier strand. Took us 3 weeks to get over it.

5 Likes

Feel better @John_E - take the time you need… Wish you the best…

6 Likes

Get well soon mate @John_E

5 Likes

Yeah this one is a pita. Never had that before either and this symptom will unfortunately take some time to recover.

Get well soon!

4 Likes

First day working (from home). Exhausted. This would be day 9 for me. Theoretically my quarantine is over tomorrow but I’m still pretty pooped.

4 Likes

Here in the states quarantine is 5 days now. Feel better.

5 Likes

I think k my big mistake was working the first few days (from home) and resting here and there during the day. Not really resting at all.

5 Likes

I run a managed IT company, and it would surprise you to know how many employers expect their employees to work remotely all day and be on call through CoVid. Most.

4 Likes

Man, you guys seem to have been hit hard… Looks like I got of “easy” with four days and change…

I hope you getter better soon (and without any lingering or long-term effects)!

6 Likes

Covid just sucks. I hope y’all kick it soon

4 Likes

I work in IT. It does not surprise me.

< Rant removed > :zipper_mouth_face:

Don’t get me started ranting….LOL

4 Likes

Don’t get me started @RuknRole, I’ve been doing it only a couple of years longer. I think it is aging me prematurely :woozy_face:

5 Likes

too late? :slight_smile:

5 Likes