Looking For Other Experiences (COVID)

I’ve been in IT almost 40 years. I’ve started out in the medical field, worked in corporate Amerika for quite some time, including the biggest companies on earth, and am back in the medical field again.

Feel good to go to work again, we make the decisions or the medical staff do, not executives somewhere. we do good work and it’s rewarding.

Problem is corporate Amerika, not IT in my book.

Course I get paid less but thems the breaks.

Being at a hospital we aren’t cut the same work from home slack. But it’s an easy gig if a bit stressful. Margins for error can be small

6 Likes

I’m moving towards finding a place that makes a difference. I’m tired of working for companies where quarterly earnings is all that matters.

3 Likes

Ha ha yea these days a little spark gets me going.

4 Likes

I’m getting pretty exhausted by the end of the day for sure

2 Likes

Yea in my opinion with Covid rest is key.

Get better soon both of you.

4 Likes

And like a switch shut off so did my symptoms (except the every so often cough). Felt 100% better around noon today. Rest is really a big key. Helped a lot.

8 Likes

Good to hear! Give it a few more days before you go back to normal load.
Residual cough may last for a while. Little cough here and there just to annoy you.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m fine now except the persistent cough and general fatigue. Phlegm (the little that’s come up) is clear. My wife is about four days behind me.

5 Likes

Hope you feel better soon, Howard. This shit sucks.

5 Likes

How’s everybody doing? All recovered by now I hope!

3 Likes

Finally good (less the lingering cough here and there).
Day 15 it got better.

4 Likes

Glad to hear!
I still have that annoying cough as well.

4 Likes

I’m all good. Was out and about on day 10 (last day of quarantine), this is day 15 and I’m heading in to the office in a bit. Wife is pretty much better now too, about four days behind me.

That really sucked, 1/10 do not recommend. Gotta give it a 1 because silver lining, at least no one was hospitalized or worse. Otherwise, about twice as bad as the worst flu I have ever had.

7 Likes

Good to hear!

5 Likes

Thanks for asking!

5 Likes

Better…still real easily fatigued… pulled some muscles in my chest from coughing.

6 Likes

Yea the coughing can be brutal! Hope you fully recover soon!

3 Likes

A week out of quarantine now and I still tire really easily, like I lost a bunch of endurance. Lingering cough too.

4 Likes

I still have the cough only and surprisingly can play sax fine.
Such a weird cough.

3 Likes

Thanks. Missed 2 weeks of work. Basically stuck in bed first week

4 Likes