Luke (Become a Bassist) "Rock Solid Blues Bassist" Course

I’m interested in your thread Krescht. When I make up my own rhythms they always fall in to a blues rock type sound, and I’m looking forward to learning more about beginner blues especially.

1 Like

Yep Blues and Bluegrass are my main loves.

I am a life member of Blues Guitar Unleashed. Very similar teaching methods to B2B but does have follow up courses. Note that this is geared primarily towards electric and acoustic guitars.

Here is a link if you are interested in pursuing the world of blues.
https://bluesguitarunleashed.com

2 Likes

At first glance there would appear to be zero bass content or am I looking in the wrong place on Griff’s site?

@MC-Canadastan Please let us know your thoughts of the course when you finish up. I’m very interested.

Like the B2B course I have never gotten better bang for my buck or seen a better online course for an overall understanding of the Blues and that is why I posted the link, and, I did say that his courses were geared primarily to acoustic and electric guitar but he does offer separate courses on other aspects of music as they relate to the Blues genre. His theory course as an example is excellent. YMMV

2 Likes

Same thing I was wondering. I have the acoustic blues lessons from when I was focusing on 6 strings. I don’t find anything for Bass on Griff’s site.

A fair while back he did advertise a “ Beginners Blues Bass Guitar” course… it wasn’t Griff teaching it. Memory is a bit vague but I think it might have been the bass player from his band, or a friend of his.

@JoshFossgreen I know when you come out with your next class, it will be excellent. Not even knowing what will be covered, count me in…and I am sure many here feel the same way.

Thanks!
Ken T.

4 Likes

Yup…

3 Likes

Been wanting this since 2019 :rofl:

3 Likes

No rush, I’ve already made a life sized Josh doll and started recording it, the biggest challenge was the years of aging and new hairstyles, but I’m getting better every day!

3 Likes

It is probably not easy to create a next step because the universe after B2B is enormous.

I noticed this with Justin Guitar. His beginner program is excellent, but once he starts to move beyond beginner lessons, it is not the same. Instead of having a stated list of skills to teach, he ends up trying to offer a dabbling of ten different things. A few blues lessons, some power chords, some finger picking, etc. It was a lot of little stuff thrown out but without the focused step-by-step progress.

For me, I’d love to see some genre focused modules.

Or maybe something heavily focused on rhythm and time signatures because I’d say one of your best teaching skills is explaining how to count and play interesting bass lines.

3 Likes

I signed up for the 21 day bass challenge. I paid $27 and got nothing in return. no login details for the course, no reply to my messages, nothing. still waiting for a reply to my last message where I informe3d them/him that I will be contacting Paypal to have his account blocked. as a retired Lawyer I will use all my ability on this.

The course stats Monday, so it seems as though you can give it at least until then. I have 3 of his courses, and haven’t found them to be taking money. Failure to promptly answer emails… well, as you know, law or otherwise, it happens.

What login details are you expecting? As I understand it, he emails you a link per day to a video (“When you join, you’ll be sent a short video every day for 3 weeks…”). What would you login to? Why would you expect anything prior to Monday (“The first day of the challenge is slated for release this Monday…”)?

And welcome to the community…

2 Likes

In all fairness @skydvr the the three courses that I have do have a login, as there is lifetime access. Agreed on the “give it 'til” monday.

1 Like

Agree, and I’m just trying to clarify what login is expected, as this clearly isn’t a standard “course”. He says in the description that he sends a video per day to your email.

If I came off as aggressive, it was unintended.

1 Like

No, I clearly got you and understood. No offense taken in any way… Even with the “daily” courses there is a login for the courses, as you can see in my login here on a 28 day course

1 Like

OK - gotcha.

How do you like his courses? I was considering this Beginner one since it was only $27 (and I still may), but I’m not sure continuing to buy “complete beginner” courses will help me progress… :slight_smile:

I was hoping no one would ask, as I haven’t finished any of his courses. I am a legitimate student/alum of BassBuzz U., as I did graduate (finish) this course.
In his “Ear and Bass Lines courses,” I didn’t feel that I was “getting” the material in the early modules and therefore didn’t want to move on to other modules. In all fairness, I am going to go back and give it another try. The Billy Jean light bulb didn’t come on right away either, and now she’s a warmup.
I agree with your assessment of beginner courses, but the $27 cost, and the listed coverages of a “few areas” that I could use help with, are worth it to me. Undoubtedly, I spend that on a non-necessity each week anyway so, if anything helps I’ll take it as a win.

3 Likes