Luke (Become a Bassist) "Rock Solid Blues Bassist" Course

I signed up for it today and was good to go pretty much straight away

1 Like

Exactly why I wasn’t a flat-out “no thank you”…

2 Likes

I’ve signed up to the “21 Day Beginner Bass Challenge” too. Then I’ve received an email with a discount to sign up to the “Rock Solid Blues etc” course, which I refused. Only then I was able to sign up to the 21 day course.

• First task : send a 1 min video where you play anything.
  • Second task : a quick survey as to why we signed up and what we’re expecting from it.

From what I can tell for now, the course seems well-intented and fairly well. Maybe a bit rough around the edges.

All the talk about this, and then I forgot to sign up… D’oh.

I’d be very interested in impressions of it from those that did sign up…

And @philton - did everything work out OK?

Resurrecting this thread.
This is the course I was dithering about in another thread.
I have just done the first week and I have to say it is actually pretty good.
First week is going over variations of common basic blues “walking” for want of a better term.
Has some virtual jam tracks with the bass removed.
There is also a live Master class- I couldn’t do it as it was US time and I was at work but I think I will have a look at the replay tonight.

5 Likes

Those live classes are almost always worthless for us souls living in Asia. Unless you feel like participating at 3am!

1 Like

When I say that I will do something “eventually” (like washing the dishes), it will never happen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are geared to the US which is a pretty big market I guess.
Luke is based in Australia but has to go by their times.
I managed to sit in on one during lunch (8:30pm American East Coast time) but being at work couldn’t really join in.

1 Like

Well, it is certainly larger than Westerners living in Asia who enjoy playing bass.

Or Australians

1 Like

Aye, mate!