M.I.A missing members

Indeed, I’ve been wondering about him also. He was last seen on December 15th, though.

8 Likes

We can keep calling, see if he hears us.
@Jamietashi where are you
Come back
Shane

I do recall him having horrible internet problems, and he may be in to remote of a location to get anything fixed during the pandemic. at least I hope it is only the internet that is the problem and everything else is fine and dandy.

7 Likes

It’s a good chance that it’s covid related, as the restrictions here in the UK are really tough at the moment - we are only allowed to see 1 other person, and that’s only if a) you live on your own, and b) it has to be outside.

It’s really difficult to get anything close to normalcy at the moment :frowning:

7 Likes

Wow, that is rough.

My mom and dad were both really freaked out about it, and then they both got it and were not that sick, they just got the bad cold form of it, and my oldest daughter who lives with them got it too, all three of them got it, and both my aunts, my mom’s sisters just got over it, and one of them got tested and had it and never even got sick.
They all do social distancing and wear masks and take all the precautions in the world, and all ended up with it.
I take the precautions for other peoples sakes, cuz I don’t fear the virus, to say, not that I am better, it just doesn’t worry me, and I have not had it, but I have had all sorts of other health issues in the mean time, so getting covid would just be the topper on the cake and I would probably just get the bad cold version.
All that said, I am all for regulations so others don’t have to get sick or die, but it would be really hard to have to live that isolated. And I was almost that isolated for a few weeks until after my parents got covid because they started coming to help me with my issues after they finished the covid.
so they laxed their worry after surviving it, and its been easier for me to have their help, and that is the only real point I am making is they laxed their worry after surviving Covid, and live a little more normal now, but they still follow all regulations as not to put others at risk, they just used to be really worried about it, like really scared, but now they will answer the door and go to the drive in and go out for small things, when they stayed at home locked doors having things brought to them before.

I only know of 2 people in my extended family and friends that died, and they were both terminal. one other is dying right now, but other then that, I know alot of people that got covid, and I only know one who said it was horrible, and was sick almost to dying, everybody else, was like 3-4 days, then 14 days isolation, and they are ok, so it is strange to hear about the numbers dying, even here where I am in a hot spot really, but have been lucky to not have much loss from Covid, I have been fortunate that way too.

5 Likes

Hell @T_dub I’m so sorry to hear how bad it is with you guys over there. It’s a terrible virus which I think here in Oz we really got away lightly with.
I’ve got my parents in their 80’s in the UK which is a constant worry as well as brothers and extended family. I really hope these vaccines work.
Stay safe everyone please

6 Likes

Yeah, I am orange county, CA, greater LA area, one of the constant hot points in the world.

My mom turned 78 this year and my dad turned 87

They were huge worried about it cuz of their age, and I was for them as well, but they both got thru it like champs.
Who knows what makes some die and others get nothing.??
Wacky, but I know personally a couple that died, and many that got it, but only the two that died and one other that thought he was gonna die, every else was just sick with a cold for about 3-4 days, and I know two people that actually had it and were only carriers, cuz they had NO SYMPTOMS and did not get sick at all.

7 Likes

I only personally know a couple people that got it, but one of those got very sick and described it as the worst physical pain he has ever felt in his life.

Two friends have lost relatives. One has lost friends.

It’s also scary how a surprisingly large percentage (one study had it at 54%) of even asymptomatic people are turning up with permanent lung damage, and they never knew their lungs were being degraded.

6 Likes

Sorry for you and your friends and their families.

5 Likes

Thanks for the sentiment! i should be clear - I have been extremely lucky and not lost anyone I know personally, that I am aware of anyway (I should definitely check in on extended cousins at some point but my family is not super close.)

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s not been good. In fact, it’s definitely taken a toll on my mental health. It has been nearly a year of me literally working from home on my own, and I can only see 2 other people (my support bubble) who live two doors down from me.

I don’t know why I’ve not been that active on here, but something about being forced to be on your own and can’t go out really takes a toll after a while. First few months last year weren’t that bad, because the weather was nice and for some of it, you could actually go to the pub, but when that shut soon after (I live in a quiet village so it’s not exactly busy at the best of times), then started to get darker at nights, weather turned bad, etc, it really was a test.

I’m the same as you T_Dub - I’m not actually that fussed about getting it. Obviously I have to follow the rules to make sure I don’t spread it if I did have it etc, but it’s not that that’s affected me - it’s the cabin fever for 12 months that’s affected me.

Just gotta keep going

7 Likes

Truer words were never spoken, @quadfather . . . :neutral_face:

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Yes, but that’s why I find I feel better when I can be active on the forum. I have had health issues keeping me off, but now as tge physical health is getting good enough for me to get on more, my mental health is improving. I don’t feel so isolated, even tho I am.

And playing of course, getting strong enough to play again, really really good for the mental health.

It’s good to be back, that’s for sure, and it’s good to see some others that are coming back more as well.

6 Likes

Speaking of MIA members.
Has @rory been on much?
I have not noticed seeing him in a while.
Do you guys know Brian and Mac?
@TNKA36 @Mac

I know he dealt with some physical ailments too.
Was it wrist And Shoulder, or Ankle?

4 Likes

He’s not been on the forum but we’ve spoken to him and he’s flat out at work @T_dub

5 Likes

Ok, ty for the update.
tell him we say Hi
And we miss him
If you talk with him

5 Likes

@Mac it’s not as bad here in the U.S. as the media makes it out to be. Most of the reported “Covid” deaths are from other causes, but the deceased person’s body happens to test positive for the virus so the coroner enters “Covid” as the cause of death.
Neither I nor Sara, and only a handful of our friends and acquaintances have gotten the virus. Of those few friends who have tested positive at one time or another, only a couple of them have gotten mildly ill, and nobody I know of has died directly from it. Of the hundreds of people I personally know, and many more to whom I have some sort of connection, only two were hospitalized with covid symptoms, but both of them were already suffering from other ailments. Both of them are out of the hospital and doing fine.
In my opinion (and in the opinion of many), the numbers are being inflated for the purpose of keeping us living in fear.
I’m not downplaying the severity of the virus, I’m just saying it’s not as bad as the media makes it out to be.
Thank you for your concern though :heart:

6 Likes

That’s good to hear @PamPurrs
The media here has almost entered a bragging mode because we have been so lucky and throws the numbers of deaths around like it’s some sort of victory for our lockdown restrictions etc.
I hope you all stay safe and well whatever part of the globe you’re in

4 Likes

I tend to lean towards fully aligning my beliefs with what you wrote here. :+1:

4 Likes

Down here is a bit different. Politicians and the media were downplaying it a lot in the beginning to the point that the 1st lockdown happened by the will and pressure of the people and not by the government. Something unheard of…

We got lucky on the 1st wave, there were a lot of headlines both here and in other countries about the “portuguese miracle”. But that miracle didn’t age well. We’re now the leading country in the world of deaths per million in the last weeks plus we’re having a lot of deaths not directly covid-related but because our health system is at capacity. One of the major hospitals ran out of oxygen yesterday, several others are at risk of running out also. It’s not pretty down here. Civil unrest is settling in, and the alt-right is getting a lot of strength due to the mismanagement of this situation.

In my immediate circle, I had some members of my family getting sick but just one got hospitalized. My grandmother is getting tested today also, because she had contact with a positive case. Which sucks because of her age and a decade-long battle with all sort of cancers that left her with other ailments.

Deaths of people I know of, are mostly older people (65+). But unfortunately I know of two cases of people around my age (30s) with no prior known conditions that met the ripper.

Like you, my carefulness is due to the people that surround me (parents and an asthmatic brother) and out of respect for other people. I’m not afraid of it although I respect it and I don’t like to play around with other people’s lives.

I’m going to grab a coffee and play some bass.

8 Likes

The rate is comparatively tiny here compared to the US and even so the ICUs are full. A doctor in Saitama was recently interviewed about having to make triage decisions about relative survival chances to decide who to let in the hospital at all.

It’s much, much worse in the US. ICUs are full across the US. El Paso’s morgue overflowed so they had to call in an Army medical unit for its additional morgue capacity.

5 Likes