M.I.A missing members

I lost my cousin, and a brother in law to Covid. I work at a hospital, I have a sister who is a doc, a niece who is a PA, and several nurses in the family. Our collective experience is it’s real.

I think what gets misreported is Covid like a lot of diseases kills indirectly a lot of the time. Like the flu. A person may die of a secondary illness that normally wouldn’t be an issue. Yes, the deaths are covid related.

So please, wear masks, wash hands.

I agree that the isolation takes it’s toll. Music overall has been a great help. I watch concerts and sing and yell along. I can’t wait to get back to live shows.

The past year has been doubly tough on me as I have been dealing with a cancer scare (which I was declared free of 10 days ago) so I am looking forward to a much better 2021.

I haven’t known a lot of the missing members but I do hope they come back. I would like to meet them.

13 Likes

Thanks for that post @Wombat-metal, very well put.

Very sorry to hear of your own personal health scares as well.

7 Likes

congratulations, I am very happy and relieved for you

6 Likes

My wife and I both had COVID after her brother gave it to us at Thanksgiving. It was like a really bad cold for us lost my sense of smell for a while and had a fever and same with her. My brother in law was worse off but we all made it through. My kids and my parents whom we take care of never even got it. About 2 weeks and we were back on our feet. I think the underlying health issues plays a big part in the death rate but I am no doctor.

7 Likes

I hope your Grandma is okay @gcancella sounds like she’s a strong person to have fought cancer for as long as she has
And I’m sorry to hear of the losses of your family members @Wombat-metal. Very sad.

6 Likes

Congrats! Best wishes for continued good news. And very sorry for your losses.

7 Likes

@Wombat-metal I am very sorry to hear of your losses and your cancer scare.

6 Likes

Howdy Everybody!

I’m finally back on BassBuzz!

It ended up taking a lot longer than expected to get a new computer. I had to wait for payday and then, due to shipping slow downs, it took an additional month for it to get to me. In the end it was totally worth it because this is the first new computer I’ve had in 15 years. (They’re so thin now and the screens are amazing.)

The forum appears to be healthy and doing well. It looks like I’ve missed over 2,000 posts in just under two months.

So many fun bass things have happened. The biggest was my birthday. I turned 50 at the end of January and my family got together and got me a 2015 Fender American Standard Jazz Bass. I was blown away! I’ll post pictures when I have more time.

There were a number of other things too but I’ll save those for the appropriate forum threads.

It’s good to be back! Is there anything I need to know after two months away?

25 Likes

YAY :grinning:!
Good to see you back @eric.kiser

7 Likes

Whoa! Welcome back man!

7 Likes

Congratulations! And welcome back!

7 Likes

Welcome back and belated Happy Birthday. What day in Jan?
I turned 49 on Jan 22nd, and my Daughter turned 19 on Jan 28th

Can’t wait to see the new bass, that sounds awesome.

6 Likes

Welcome back Eric @eric.kiser,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome back @eric.kiser!

6 Likes

welcome back @eric.kiser :grin:

6 Likes

Great to have you back, @eric.kiser . . . you’ve been missed :slight_smile:

Happy Birthday and congrats on your Jazz Bass . . . hope you enjoy and get lots of good use out of that new computer, too!

Looking forward to the pics and see you around the Forums!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

What took you so long?? It is about bleeding time someone got down to cleaning this place up a bit :grin:

Great to see you back in action, Eric, and congrats on the big 5-0 and the J bass!!!

9 Likes

It’s great to see you back @eric.kiser. You’re participation has been immensely missed.

And happy belated birthday! :birthday: :tada: :gift:

6 Likes

Thanks Everybody!

@T_dub mine is 26 January 1971

5 Likes

That’s Australia Day @eric.kiser , happy birthday.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes