MAC Award - Oddball ways bass gear gets trashed

The first randomly occurring MAC award goes to @Mac ! Big congratulations to our winner!

For his Brumby and Amp story:

10 Likes

Mine’s not that good but it’s still funny.

The last pedal I bought before I sold them all was a Tech21 VT Bass DI preamp. As you’ll read around the forums, these things are just stellar. Truly excellent preamp, highly recommended.

So I got the thing, was super excited. Velcroed it to the board, reached under, fumbled a bit but got it plugged in to the power supply. Turned it on and jammed. Loved it.

Came back the next day, turned everything on, all was well. For a while. Was playing, and noticed something started to smell. Like burning electronics. And right about then, the VT Bass DI gave a little squeal and died.

Reached under to unplug it, and noticed I had fumbled it in to the 18V out by mistake. RIP.

I actually took it apart to see if I could fix it, but nothing was obviously damaged. It was just dead and the parts I did check were fine. Oh well.

9 Likes

You let the magic smoke out :smiley:

8 Likes

Hah, yep :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh bugger @howard !

4 Likes

I have another animal involved incident where my American Bully pup chewed the lower horn on my Ibanez SR body.
Luckily after some sanding,filling, staining and polishing you can hardly tell . Honest :joy:

7 Likes

I sense a pattern there.

7 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes