Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

Enjoy making noise when you get home. These are great amps

4 Likes

yeah, great choice.

3 Likes

My old amp was a Peavey TKO 115 . Great amp although very heavy. I will probably look at getting it repaired but it’s beyond my abilities @John_E
It weighs in at 7.2kg @terb

3 Likes

Good solid choice.

2 Likes

@Mac I’m still looking forward to the story of how the horse took out the amp.

2 Likes

Okay @eric.kiser
I let 2 of our Brumbies through into the grass at the side of the house which is next to the outdoor area where I practice.
Our hand reared youngster took a stroll round to where I was sat,somehow got thr amp lead wrapped around her feet and panicked :scream:
The end result was the lead snapped and the amp pulled over but fortunately the little filly once she settled was fine.
The high output on the amp has ceased to make any noise and I’ve pulled the head out of the combo to find its all a big circuit board but no wiring. I was praying it was a busted wire or even just a buggered plug but no.
I will take it to a repairer at some point but I had been GASSING over a new combo recently so this just pushed things along

4 Likes

God this thing thumps.

There’s a group in town called The Old Farts looking for a bass player and it kind a spurred me on to get something bigger than my Ampeg.

Wombat likes.

6 Likes

This needs an award for weird ways equipment gets broken.

3 Likes

The MAC award

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

The statuette should be something appropriate, like a guitar being eaten by a giant koala.

4 Likes

I think you’ll be very happy with your Rumble 100, @Wombat-metal . . . :+1:

I know I was! :wink:

Cheers,
Joe

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your pain, but honestly, that is the craziest way I’ve ever heard of equipment getting destroyed. I’ll second the vote for “the Mac award”! :joy:

At least you got a shiny new amp out of it! Gotta say from an aesthetics standpoint, the NUX looks badass. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Quite the story Mac…Do you think that maybe your horse didn’t like the music you play??:rofl::rofl:

Maybe this forum could use a thread called “The ‘MAC’ Award” so that anyone who experiences crazy accidental gear destruction can share their mishaps :rofl::rofl:

I guarantee you that after reading @Mac’s story about his horse and his amp, I will never play my bass or guitars around any barn animals…:rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
I wasn’t playing @Lanny and fortunately enough I wasn’t plugged into any of my basses!

5 Likes

I second this motion.

EDIT: Done.

8 Likes

And 45 days later the battery is dead again.
At this point I reckon the switch in the input jack isn’t functioning and the circuit is remaining on even with the cable removed. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I don’t think there’s an actual switch in the output jack… As far as I know, the active electronics are switched on when the circuit is completed by inserting the plug.

2 Likes

I had this issue and it was an improperly wired jack.

4 Likes

it can be either a blade switch inside the plug :

or a simple stereo jack where the middle and ring contacts activate the circuit by connecting the ground when a mono jack plug is inserted :

both exist but the most common is probably the stereo jack, without an actual switch.

6 Likes