Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

And, how’s it sound?

3 Likes

I’ve not had a chance to try it yet !
Been moving horses around, feeding them and then producing a culinary delight for dinner .
Once I’ve washed the dishes it’s time to play

5 Likes

Okay well I’m a happy camper :+1:
I’ve only literally plugged the thumb bass into it ,set everything to 12 o’clock and played for 2 hours.
It’s definitely cleaner and brighter than my old amp even without touching any of the fancy buttons.
Reading the supplied paperwork I reckon I’m going to have some fun with this.

11 Likes

what was your old amp @Mac ?

2 Likes

how much does it weight, @Mac ?

3 Likes

I watched a review this morning @Mac those NUX guys sound really good for the price point.

4 Likes

In the truck waiting for the :ferry: ferry bwith a Rumble 100 in the backseat with a bass culled.

Feel like I got my big person’s pants on

11 Likes

DAMN @Wombat-metal…!!! So cool!!

Just GOTTA LOVE “Upgrade Day”!!:smiley::smiley::smiley:

5 Likes

Enjoy making noise when you get home. These are great amps

4 Likes

yeah, great choice.

3 Likes

My old amp was a Peavey TKO 115 . Great amp although very heavy. I will probably look at getting it repaired but it’s beyond my abilities @John_E
It weighs in at 7.2kg @terb

3 Likes

Good solid choice.

2 Likes

@Mac I’m still looking forward to the story of how the horse took out the amp.

2 Likes

Okay @eric.kiser
I let 2 of our Brumbies through into the grass at the side of the house which is next to the outdoor area where I practice.
Our hand reared youngster took a stroll round to where I was sat,somehow got thr amp lead wrapped around her feet and panicked :scream:
The end result was the lead snapped and the amp pulled over but fortunately the little filly once she settled was fine.
The high output on the amp has ceased to make any noise and I’ve pulled the head out of the combo to find its all a big circuit board but no wiring. I was praying it was a busted wire or even just a buggered plug but no.
I will take it to a repairer at some point but I had been GASSING over a new combo recently so this just pushed things along

4 Likes

God this thing thumps.

There’s a group in town called The Old Farts looking for a bass player and it kind a spurred me on to get something bigger than my Ampeg.

Wombat likes.

6 Likes

This needs an award for weird ways equipment gets broken.

3 Likes

The MAC award

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

The statuette should be something appropriate, like a guitar being eaten by a giant koala.

4 Likes

I think you’ll be very happy with your Rumble 100, @Wombat-metal . . . :+1:

I know I was! :wink:

Cheers,
Joe

2 Likes