Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

Let’s see the Sterling!!!’!!!

Here is mine from today. I got the awesome blue.
These pics are more about showing the color! Not good bass “poses”, just better light.

You are above my count for sure, butI actually downsized by one to pull this off today.
Not really cuz I needed the money. I could have just got it. It was more about reason and justification. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

My total count is 8 now. I was at 10 at one point, but some were strictly to flip.

Anyway

5 Likes

If you look carefully you can see the labour saving concept I have about refinishing the ceiling. Once it all peels off, I’ll paint it again.

3 Likes

Ceiling finish or not, still better photography then mine. I just threw it under a lamp and snapped away.:joy:

Nice looking Ray there, how you like it!!
I just love playing mine.

It’s different then the other necks I have, it’s the thickest I have by far, but it still feels so right in my hands. The black cheap SUB I just sold, same thing. I loved to play it, just soundwise was missing, mostly being a hi gloss black laminate over particle board, the body was super light, and even a bid smaller then this one.
I would have kept it if I thought one of the others would have sold in 2 hours (without fire selling them at a loss).
Course, I can’t think of one I would give up? Maybe the Mikro?

2 Likes

Well, because you made me go get it, I was working through my bassbuzz coursework and was surprised by the amount of finger noise. Then I stopped for a while to tweak the intonation and then when that was sorted, went and played until the finger noise got me. Swapped to the Fender to see if it was just me and it isn’t. So more fettling on the SUB is required. This afternoon I realised that the Cort was actually the quietest in regard to finger noise. So I will need some precise tweaking on these two to get them as nice to play as the Yamaha TRB-5 and the Cort B4 Plus in terms of action.
I couldn’t give up my Mikro, which is why I have two, or more accurately, why one lives at the girlfriend’s place.

This SUB is quite hefty. Easily the heaviest 4 stringer I have. I’m going to have to weigh them all now.

3 Likes

Hmm, my other Sub was set just right, was about the quietist of the bunch.
This one was fresh out of the box today. Will take a while to break in and get the set up right, plus get the strings stretched out. But it’s not really any noises then any of my others.

I suspect you will get it there with enuf tweaks

1 Like

Continuation from Help choosing a second bass - #40 by juli0r

I just feel like my general beginner buying question have been answered and it’s just me buying a bass now.

So I’ve been to the store but unfortunately there are no new basses. Colleague still sick and he could not bring any in. He let me play anyway and after I played for a while he offered me that I could buy one and take both basses and bring one back when I decided. So I can play at home at my leisure and have my own equipment.

With big shiny eyes I accepted his offer. Not the best negotiation strategy but hey… I’m an honest and easy to read person.

Now I have a Cort GB74JJ and a ESP Ltd. B-204 SM and have to bring one back. The ESP is used and both are offered to me for 399Euro. If I like one better of the ones he’s bringing in I can still exchange them.

I will soon arrive at home and plan on going: “Honey! I’m home! I could not decide between these two so I just took both.”
I am really excited to see the reaction to that.

Yesterday she didn’t really tell me to NOT buy a 2000Euro bass so I don’t think I’ll cause any damage.

6 Likes

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me, @juli0r . . . :+1:

Must be your lucky day!

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Yeah. From what I gathered from chatter between clerks it’s desperate times for them. A bit of conversation was like “so we closed a 399 deal? Is it enough for (unintelligible)?” “No, but it’s a start”

5 Likes

Hm, maybe I should go down to Germany (now that this is “allowed” again) and see if I can get a killer deal on some bass(es) - a “Schnäppchen”, as it were :grin:

5 Likes

They have an online shop and when you contact them with intent of purchasing anything you can figure out shipping details for international shipping.

You just have to figure out the store page in german but should be managable. Contacting them should work in English.

Her: “…wha?.. oh… noooooooooo why me? Whyyy meeee? buäh buähähä”
Me: “Don’t worry I’m just kidding.” and explained the return thing to her
Her: “Oh… yeah, that’s okay.”

To recap: Tell him or her you bought 2 basses. Suddenly one doesn’t seem bad.
More in the next episode of strategies of how to convince your better half that buying another bass is ok.

3 Likes

Das krieg ich wohl gerade noch so hin :grin: Allerdings hatte ich bestimmt nicht vor bis nach Bochum “hinunter” zu müssen… Flensburg, Hamburg, Lübeck vielleicht… aber vielen Dank!

2 Likes

they don’t offer international shipping for standard purchases but if you see something you like on the store page they’ll figure it out with you!

1 Like

I hope that you like hospital food Juli
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

@juli0r We need to list these strategies, This would be in the top 5 :rofl:
:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

1 Like

Next week’s episode: @juli0r learns to eat through a straw.

2 Likes

I just finished setting up the ESP. The guy in the shop didn’t really take his time with that. Was in a hurry today.

Here are the two beauties and my old bass.

I don’t have stands yet so they get to chill on the couch. I sorted them left to right from most liked to liked less.

At first I liked the Cort more but having more time to experiment the ESP is nicer. I said if I can’t decide between two basses fretcount on the neck might be the difference. Overall it’s not just fret count. 3 band EQ vs. 2 band.

EQ knobs have a tactile noon setting on both that it clicks in so that’s nice but doesn’t help me decide.

Then there’s the inlays I haven’t really noticed in the store. Still just points but from that shiny/reflective material.

Will still setup and test the Cort more.

5 Likes

Their a family, they look so happy sitting on the couch together. All three :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’d keep the ESP :slight_smile:

(assuming it’s in good shape that is)

3 Likes

Hi @juli0r,
They all look very nice, I love the dark coloured bass, that I am assuming based on your set up position is your favourite.:+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Yes. After spending a bit more time with both I am pretty sure that there’s a reason the ESP would be over budget as a new product. I love it and the good thing is: I like it also best aesthetically so no second guessing there. I told the clerk in the shop that I plan on returning the one I won’t keep thursday but the way it’s going everything just enforces the decision for the ESP and I feel like I could return the Cort tomorrow. The ESP just is overall the better product. Probably will still keep the Cort until thursday. No need to rush the decision now.

4 Likes