Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

You have MBD. It can’t be cured, but it’s very treatable. Let me refer you to this support group we have… Oh wait, you’re already there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

You don’t have a G&L
Sorry, but I am right there asking myself the same question, and coming up with the same answer. I do know the pain and suffering you are enduring.

But in this covid lockdown and quarantine, we are on own own, and although I am 100% apologetic and sympathies with you greatly, I have look out for #1, I have to look out for me, So you are just gonna have to look out for you as best as you can.
I advise to hurry up and get an G&L.
While it might not fully cure you or cure you immediately, There is no way it could harm, and When you do eventually, and finally cure It will keep the sick at bay from then on.

7 Likes

Been visiting that website way too often lately :grimacing:
https://configurator.sandberg-guitars.de/
Luckily, there are too many options to pick from… :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

That’s lucky! Analysis paralysis :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I’ve had to delete the tab from my browser. Let’s see what my tax return brings me. Maybe a new Sandberg :wink:

6 Likes

I posted this on the GAS forum. I should have posted it here.

2 Likes

I switched screens from watching Stingray comparison videos to bassbuzz to see what was posted, and saw your post.

Must be in the air today…

2 Likes

Did you see any shorties?

1 Like

Yes, they have an ‘Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray’ and a ‘Sterling by Music Man’ but not an ‘Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling’ it appears.
If that last sentance confuses you, it should. They have 3 different lines and they are labelled as such above. The marketeers had fun with these lines.

I just learned that today watching low end lobster. Check him out, he has a lot of detailed videos on the differences, and short scale would apply to what he talks about.

What is not obvious is if the short scale is based on a Ray34 or a Ray4, maybe @T_dub knows, as they are both very different basses. I ‘think’ it is based on teh Ray34, which is a good thing, IMO.

3 Likes

I’m going to have to dig up the picture of the Starry Night short scale EBMM Stingray I ran across when I was BB734A shopping. Just absolutely gorgeous little bass.

Also $2k, but we can’t have everything :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@howard

https://www.ikebe-gakki.com/c/c-/ba/ba01/ba010141/ba010141208/686025

4 Likes

Ahh yeah, they had one there too! I took a picture of a different one though.

And closer to $3k than $2k.

In person it is absolutely glorious. The pics on Sweetwater do NOT do it justice.

3 Likes

I will say it again, I am very glad I do not live in Japan close to that store!!

4 Likes

i’m thinking at some point in my life i will probably get one and sell my sterling ball short scale. it’s really hard to justify the price diff, between the two. but, damn.

5 Likes

It’s just a crazy good finish.

4 Likes

Actually, they do have an EBMM Sterling. It was created, and still sold today, before Sterling by Music Man was set up. Sterling Ball is Ernie Ball’s son, and they created the Sterling as a model alongside the Stingray, it is a smaller body, and has a 3 way pick up, along with a slimmer Jazz type neck, which is 1.5" at the nut. It has a similar tear drop pick guard, but does not have the chrome control plate cover where the knobs are.

Also, SBMM used to make a SUB Sterling also. I had one.

2 Likes

The short scale is modeled after the EBMM Short Scale, not the Ray4, Ray24 or Ray34.

Important thing to note about both short scales is, they are PASSIVE.

If you were to compare specs, they would be closer to the Ray4 I believe, because they have the thinner J neck profile, 1.5" at the nut.

3 Likes

which is really weird for music man basses btw.

3 Likes

Although they are Passive, both the EBMM and SBMM Short Scale Stingray have a push pull Volume pot, and when you pull it (I believe, correct me if I am wrong Mike @itsratso ), you get a BOOST. So, even without the boost in volume you can get from active electronics, you still get a boost in volume with the Passive Stingray SS models.

3 Likes

yep, and a pretty loud boost too when the button is pulled out. i have absolutely no idea how a passive volume boost works but it definitely does. another kind of oddity on the short scale, as a boost switch is more for guitar players when they uncork their gnarly shredding solos.

4 Likes