Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

I was listening to some sound samples of the HH setup earlier. The second humbucker made everything sound even more fat and rich and good. I ended up liking the double buck setup a lot more than I expected.

5 Likes

As discussed before, it’s really 2 different animals. Moving the single pickup would also change the growl you get. And the HH just sounds different then the H. Depends on what flavor you like. Some like them both (umm… Me). Some don’t like either. But my personal fave is the old school growly single H. Also, I admit, it just looks bad ass.

6 Likes

They are definitely great looking basses for sure.

5 Likes

I’m surprised your not a concrete blonde fan Toby, Johnette plays a stingray👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

I never had one or really noodled around on them, so I can’t say I am tired of them, but I can say I am just not really into them

GET ONE!

I like em both too, but I prefer my singles over my double

Never really been exposed to them, so I don’t know much if any of their stuff.

4 Likes

Ha. I have too many basses now, at 2.

Seriously considering selling back down to one in fact. I’m just kind of a monogamous bass guy I guess :slight_smile:

The gateway drug IMO:

3 Likes

I posted a good music Friday clip yesterday showing her playing her stingray
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I must agree to this point.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info about the Stingray. Whenever I become such a good bass player that the instrument makes me even better, I will definitely check those out.

5 Likes

It’s a subtle feedback mechanism that kicks in fairly early on… where you start to appreciate the qualities of an instrument, and where a good instrument instills more confidence in your playing and reinforces the positive vibes :smile:

8 Likes

Luckily she’s already got a couple great basses. The BB is a classic line, and really well made. She picked a good one to start with :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great band and a Chicago girl :+1:

4 Likes

I can’t even play yet, have a gorgeous bass as my first, yet I fell in love with a Rickenbacker 4003S. I can’t afford it and it doesn’t seem to be available here anywhere.
Still I can dream right?

5 Likes

Here ya go @StefanK,
Here are a couple of my Ricky’s hanging out in the shed.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Can I have one? :grin:

5 Likes

Something about red Ricks, they just look killer.

6 Likes

Are they generally hard to find or is this just for here where I live (Austria)?

2 Likes

You can get them, vintage ones are not so easy to find @StefanK.
The black one is a 1976 and the burgundy one is a 1979.
I’ve had the black one about 30 years and the burgundy one around 15 years.
You can get them out of the USA but they are pretty pricey.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Getting a kick outta your directions @TNKA36 Brian and then wondering what they’re doing with the pic of your Ricky’s…:joy::joy:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

@StefanK - Already asked… I think @TNKA36 Brian sleeps with them both at night…:rofl::rofl:

5 Likes