Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

Not surprised waas going to comment “OUCH!!!” thee box looks bit knackered.

4 Likes

Yeah, thing is, it was sold as an “Open Box”, but they failed to state they only opened it to check the shipping damage from a busted up box

3 Likes

strange coinky-dink, but i randomly ran across something online yesterday that quoted leo as saying the g+l stuff was the best instruments he ever made.

6 Likes

Must have been senile by then, and forgot he already made a masterpiece in the Sting Ray. HAHAHA

6 Likes

Yes that… plus the clerk at GC was very cavalier about it. No apology, no offer to make it right, just “put your mask on”.

I sure miss good customer service.

3 Likes

it is funny, GC must be beating this whole MASK thing into their Employees, because I have not been ANYWHERE ELSE where the employees are SUCH MASK NAZI’S. I mean, I get it, I understand the importance to wear masks in public places. (for me, I wear it to be respectful to people that think they work and worry so much over them, not really for myself, I don’t believe they do squat, but we have been over all that, no need to rehash it), and I put them on FOR OTHER PEOPLE"S PEACE OF MIND, and all business I have been to, if people don’t have their mask on, the clerk or cashier, or server, or host or employee of whatever title, will kindly, that is right, KINDLY ask the person to put their mask on.
I have walked into a store, forgetting my mask, and the person said, Sir, can you please wear a mask in the store. I said, Thank you, I forgot, I will be right back, and went to get the mask, went back in the store, did my business, and left happy.
The people at GC act lilke they are the SAVIORS OF THE WORLD, and it is their SWORN DUTY to protect the world from COVID-19
It is strange, cuz it has been multiple GC in the area I have been to, and at every store I have been to, I have witnessed employees berating people for masks, even if they fell off and they are putting them back on. These are nothing more then minimum wage cashiers, cuz they don’t even know much about the products either. I wonder if they work on a bonus plan and they get $5 for every person they catch w/o a mask, or one on wrong, etc…

2 Likes

Can I tempt anyone with this?

3 Likes

um… I think it is missing something, part of the body fell off. :rofl:

3 Likes

You had me until I saw this.

No way, it is damaged goods.

3 Likes

He mentions that in the description…

2 Likes

That explains why it’s only $3,999 :rofl:

4 Likes

Ok, as long as the price reflects that it is damaged goods, we got a deal. :rofl:

3 Likes

MBD, GAS, Midlife Crisis what ever you call it i have it too. LMAF.

5 Likes

I sold my Rosie (Yamaha BB235) on Reverb… packed her up today and dropped her off at the UPS store. The buyer is a lady in New York, who I hope will love her as much as I did.
Rosie was the bass that I used to go through the B2B course, as well as many other courses on other sites. But, I had to let her go so she can play for someone else.

Fortunately, I have Rosie II (Yamaha BB735) to replace her.

9 Likes

It’s always a sad moment when the “kids” grow up and leave home. I hope Rosie will be happy in her new home.
Rosie 2 is a very nice looking substitute. Those Yamaha basses are cool looking instruments :sunglasses:

Note to self… I DO NOT need another bass ( and repeat)

8 Likes

Here @Mac this will help

you can thank me later :slight_smile:

I seriously almost bought one instead of my 'wick for my second bass. Feels great and sounds great.

7 Likes

Congratulations on getting Rosie sold. I know you were concerned about how long it was taking. :+1:

7 Likes

The key to the used market is patience.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
I’m really trying not to buy any more and might even say goodbye to a couple :scream:

5 Likes

Yeah I am still going back and forth on selling my Warwick. I played it a bunch last night and really like some things about it (it weighs nothing and its thick chunky neck is a fun occasional change from my Yamaha) but in general it doesn’t get played much in comparison.

6 Likes