Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

My Ibanez seems to be gathering dust more than it’s getting played and I did think about selling the Mikro on because I have the Mustang but then I picked them up a couple of times and I enjoy the differences between them and the Fender/ Squier.
I suppose they don’t eat anything and cause me any grief so they could all stay.
All in all it’s a bit of a quandary

5 Likes

With the sale of my BB235, I’m down to one bass guitar and one EUB (electric upright). I think I’m good for now. I’m just going to focus on becoming the best bass player I can be.

8 Likes

@PamPurrs How are you liking the new bass?
Does it feel/sound like an upgrade to you?

6 Likes

I’m loving her. Yes, she definitely feels and sounds nicer.

9 Likes

One of my basses is a Yamaha 5 string and I dislike it…alot I’m not sure why but sometimes you just dislike things for no real rational reason, for example my wife dislikes my lack of enthusiasm for mowing the lawn. Anyway, I have no idea what model this POS is. Is there any way to find out?

5 Likes

Post a picture of it, maybe one of us will be able to identify it.

7 Likes

Now, is that the way to talk about a Yamaha in here… if I were you, I’d check my break cables on my car every morning now… :grin:

No, seriously, how about a picture?? That might help…

7 Likes

It’s passive, that’s all I know…oh and I don’t like it…that I also know

4 Likes

Looks like a BB type… but with J-J config!? Not sure…

@howard??

5 Likes

Looks like a discontinued (or vintage) model. Does it have a year indication on the serial number? That might help to pinpoint the exact designation.

Looks like a BB405 except for the knobs and the fact that there is no logo on the headstock :thinking:

5 Likes

LOL, I’m just starting to hate it more… it has no name!!! hehehe

3 Likes

Maybe it is just a Yamaha neck!?!

Sell it - somebody’ll appreciate it!

4 Likes

It’s old. Like 1990’s type old…not real old like 1970’s type old like it’s owner. I swapped it for a Fender Lite Precision with my Bass Teacher … he was also a POS

4 Likes

Nah, the body has the Yamaha stamp too

4 Likes

Definitely looks like a BB405.

The fact that it is older might explain the lack of the logo and the different knobs.

8 Likes

Wow @Krescht you are good…so fast. Thanks mate.

5 Likes

I still don’t like the bass though…

5 Likes

That’s one thing that’s beyond my powers :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Your powers are vast but not infinite… it’s ok, thanks for your help. Maybe I can offer this thing to @TNKA36 and he can fuel his beautiful BBQ with it.

8 Likes

Thanks very much for going to the effort of identifying this beast. You guys are awesome. :+1:

6 Likes