Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

Very nice, Lanny @Lanny . . . :+1:

Wishing you lots of happy playing with it, too!

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Schweet!! Congrats @Lanny !!! And, Happy early Birthday!

5 Likes

Looks good! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

4 Likes

Looks like Multiple Amp Disorder is also a thing :rofl:

5 Likes

Thanks @Jazzbass19 Joe, @JDDaniel, @JerryP… Hard to believe that it was two years ago when Connie bought me my first bass (my Yamaha TRBX174EW) as a birthday present and I started taking the B2B course…. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. That bass is now my BEAD bass….

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl: @Mike_NL…. Yes it is!!:rofl::rofl:…. Although some of my amps are for my guitars, I do use my Marshall (guitar) tube amp that I like to use with my Tele to play my bass’s through since I can get a really super mellow tone out of it….

Then again, a person does need a good practice amp and a decent stage amp…… and an amp for the acoustics,…. oh, and a good Jam Amp for my guitars….:rofl::rofl:

Apparently (according to my wife Connie), I suffer from OCD and go overboard with everything I get involved in…. She’s wrong though because if that were actually the case, I have at least a dozen wives……:rofl::rofl::thinking::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

That ain’t OCD, that’s INSANITY.

Beauty of a bass and what a great wife you got there.
Mine refuses to buy me anything musical, but she did get me a pizza oven for Father’s Day, so I ain’t complaining

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. I’d LOVE one of those @John_E…. Always wanted one for the outdoor kitchen but now that Connie and I are kinda “Way Old” with great grandkids and all, we kinda have to watch what we eat…. Actually, I always watch what I eat since I always eat with my eyes open…:joy::rofl:

The cool thing was that Connie bought me my first bass two years ago for my birthday and I bought the B2B bass course…. It’s been a great journey and a great learning experience for an old retired dude…. Only problem I have is remembering songs that I’ve learned to play…. I can learn them and play them, but after a couple days I just kinda forget everything…. This is where the Pizza Oven thing would work well…. At my age I may forget how to play a song, but I’ll be damned if I ever forget how to eat a pizza!!!:rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Amen brother all true facts there for here too!

6 Likes

Looks like you’ve got two keepers there Lanny, the Bass and your lady wife!

BTW: I’ve seen shops with less impressive inventory than your practice space.

8 Likes

Yup @HowlinDawg,…. Sure do….

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

9 Likes

Nice one Lanny! Very touching

Also good to hear that I’m not the only one with the Multiple Amp Disorder :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks @Paul…. It’s important to always remember that although playing bass and making music is why we’re here, that we all do it for a reason……. It’s all about the “reason”…. If the “reason” is right, the “result” will always be RIGHT no matter what…. No matter how good it might be to anyone other than you…. Keep playing, keep on making music……

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

8 Likes

A bit of PJ history……

8 Likes

Interesting article :+1:

5 Likes

Awesome on the “Forever” Bass Cover Lanny @Lanny and touching video and story too! Congrats on 42 years!!!

BUT, dangit…now that gives me yet another another bucket list Bass Cover to learn!!! LoL

You or @PamPurrs, @JerryP, or one of the other awesome production people (there are A LOT and I am missing many of them here!) we have in the BassBuzz family gotta teach me how to do videos like that.

Me and my bride (Lisa) celebrate 32 yrs. of marriage next month (we’ve know each other for 37 - since high school) and I need to do a video montage like that.

13 Likes

That was a good read. Makes me want to pickup my Aerodyne

5 Likes

That’s beautiful Lanny @Lanny . Enjoy the heck out of it.

5 Likes

I’m sure you could come up with a GREAT one @JDDaniel JD….!!:smiley::smiley:. Hell, anyone that can make it 32 years (well, 37) like y’all can do damn nears anything!!:smile::smile:

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

7 Likes

I’ve done a couple of them on my MacBook Air from my photos, but recording a Bass Cover and adding the pics and text on the screens seemed new to me.

@Leo sent me a YT video so I may try that method.

Keep on Thumpin’ @Lanny

JD’

5 Likes