Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

Don’t make me laugh. You wouldn’t have posted it, if it wasn’t always on your mind :wink:

2 Likes

@pampurrs stands and addresses the attendees in the room:

" Hello, my name is Pam. Today is exactly 4 months since I purchased my last bass. Do I get a chip?"

11 Likes

“Well, you would have, but the folks in the keyboard group told us what you did”.

10 Likes

I thought this was supposed to be “anonymous”. WTF

5 Likes

See what all this internet posting gets you?

4 Likes

No, you only die once… You can live lots; which is why I have too many guitars and basses :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I died once. Flatlined during a medical procedure. White lights, out of body experience, whole 9 yards. Hit me with the paddles (boy those hurt) and brought me back.

I don’t recommend the experience.

6 Likes

After an extensive motorcycle “career “ I have attempted to dispel this theory more than once :crazy_face::joy:

4 Likes

I died once. Flatlined during a medical procedure. White lights, out of body experience, whole 9 yards. Hit me with the paddles (boy those hurt) and brought me back.

I know this is derailing the thread, but I’d like to hear more about the out of body white light experience.

3 Likes

Me too, @Wombat-metal . . . I’m VERY interested in this!

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

@Old_WannaBe @Jazzbass19 I’ll start a new thread when I get home in the lounge. That way people can discuss without detailing. Just don’t want to type what could be a long thread on my phone

6 Likes

OK, @Wombat-metal . . . looking forward to reading about your NDE . . . :slight_smile:

The Lounge is the perfect place for it, too!

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

@pampurrs stands and addresses the attendees in the room:

" Hello, my name is Pam and I have Multiple Bass Disorder".

Today, I was talked out of spending $70 on a Hipshot drop D tuner by some fellow Buzzers. I set that money aside and used it to purchase a used Hofner Club bass for $299. I’m struggling to find the financial logic in this move. I need help.
@pampurrs sits down and takes a big gulp of beer.

15 Likes

@MC-Canadastan stands up:

“Hello, @PamPurrs , my name is MC and I have incipient MBD”

Two months ago I bought a Peavey Milestone III BXP JJ to add to my P-clone. Two weeks ago, I spent 400 Canuckistanian Kopecks on a Tech21 SH1. I recently went back to building my HH Frankenjazz. Last week, I vehemently and categorically declared that I have cured my GAS for at least 20 days.

I am now jonesing for a Peavey Milestone BXP III in P-bass config. Please help.

7 Likes

Not to derail the thread, but can I ask what was said to talk you out of it? I dig my Hipshot de-tuner.

4 Likes

I would actually like one, I think they are way cool. However, since I am not gigging at the moment and only need to drop D occasionally for certain songs, it was pointed out to me that I could just as easily detune manually. It makes sense.
If I ever start gigging with a band, I will revisit the idea.

6 Likes

Yeah, that does make sense.

For me, though, I’d drop $280 right now on a set of four if I could fit them all on my headstock. :smiley:

6 Likes

I can help.
We will apply “Trudy Logic”.
Trudy was my friend in college that got me into a lot of trouble with her “logic”.
Example: “if we go downstairs to move your car from the no overnight parking spot you save the $25 ticket and can take me to get some food with the savings”

So, applying Trudy logic here “you saved the $70 BUT you also canceled your BB735A order so you are really over $500 in the black…well done”

6 Likes

Thank you @John_E and @Trudy

4 Likes

That same logic is why my sister still lives with my parents at age 38.

7 Likes