Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

I’m starting to see that attitude a little more now a days… Certain things however will always prove to be escalating in price during a crisis, while others will de-escalate in price… Right now I’ve slowed down on my music purchases (gear, etc) and ramped up on my purchases of Moonshine, Single Malt Scotch, and socks… :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Well, it makes more sense than pallet loads of TP… :laughing:
Where I live the government run wine and weed stores made the list of essential services and are staying open. :rofl:

Looks like I might not be bass shopping for a while but on my future shopping list I’m trying to decide whether to go with

• a Yamaha because looks-wise, they call to me!
  • or I was reading a thread on talkbass a while back, the TLDR; of which was ‘no-one ever got turned down for a gig because they turned up with a P-bass’.
3 Likes

One of us! One of us! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok here are my two beauties… my next one will either be a Fender P-Bass or a Fender Mustang (looking for a nice shortscale)

My Ibanez shortscale in red and Yamaha TRBX-504 on right

4 Likes

Its a necessity for me… I feel like playing music is the ONLY thing keeping me sane right now. When I play I ALWAYS feel like my instrument helps me find my “center”… now more so than ever!

4 Likes

LOVE my Yammy 504!,

3 Likes

Wait you got a 504 to match the 304? Sweet :slight_smile:

504s are awesome.

2 Likes

How do you like the TRBX?

1 Like

@Lanny, despite the fact that I have maintained a minimum of 6 feet of separation from you, I have now been infected with the disease. I acquired my second bass today (Ibanez fretless), and have added it to my Yamaha bass and a 6 string that I have for some unknown reason.
Is there a cure for this?

6 Likes

Love my TRBX. Very versatile bass. The neck is very slim and plays real nice! And having a full 2 octaves (24 frets) is nice.

My only complaint was the battery door is a bit loose. But if it breaks or gets lost it is easily replaced. Not worth sending my bass back to Sweetwater for!

2 Likes

I’m very new, but of course already looking at what would be bass #2 (#1 is an Ibanez SMDR200). I had played briefly in the music store a 504 and it felt so smooth to me. Of course I will check out others, but I like the look and the little bit I felt of it. Christmas is only 8 months away :smile:

2 Likes

The 504 is a great bass. I almost bought one too, and would own one now if a used 604 hadn’t turned up at exactly the right time.

304 is good too, loved mine, I just wanted a few features on the 5/604.

1 Like

Nope!! Budget constraints slow it down a bit… but that is usually all you can hope for :joy:

3 Likes

I heard they were working on a vaccine, but it got shelved due to “current circumstances”.

Also heard that Sweetwater, Guitar Center, and Musician’s Friend are all vigorously opposed to any further research on it . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes

When you have to sell a bass to be able to afford strings for all your other basses, that’s when you know you had one too many.

But it’s okay because all your basses have new strings now. So… it really is time to start looking for that next new bass.

Some people might say things like…
Why do you need another bass?
Why don’t you just use the ones you already have?
You’re not being fiscally responsible.

This is really sad because these people aren’t your friends and they don’t understand you. :-1:

That’s why the BassBuzz forum is so important. There will always be someone here willing to encourage the purchase of another bass…
or amp…
or pedal…
or cable…
or recording equipment…
or strap…
or picks…
or…

Listen, we get you.
We don’t have your financial best interest in mind.
But, we get you. :grinning: :+1:

10 Likes

Yes, it’s not just basses that grab my attention. I hoard all kinds of stuff, pedals included. I can’t help it!

I’ve been meaning to make/construct/buy a pedal board, as I’m starting to like some pedal combinations now. At the moment, we’re looking at these -

I’ve got a Zoom B1on coming any day too, so looking forward to messing around with that too.

Most of the time I have to say, I’m on my jazz bass with that Sonicake auto wah, because it’s just a box of fun all round. It goes very well with RHCP Sir Psycho Sexy!

That little fog pedal is also not to be underestimated - the big muff does what it says on the tin, but at a higher price - that fog pedal was only around £13-£15 where I saw it, and it’s a really good little thing - so much noise from a tiny innocuous looking box :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay big muff :slight_smile:

A couple topics you might be interested in:

3 Likes

Ahh, many thanks for picking those out - I’m still finding my way around the forum.

Now, dare I read them, that’s the question, because it will send me on a pedal buying spree again. I’d almost got it under control :smiley:

/immediately goes to read them anyway

5 Likes

First post is free :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes