Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

that word only comes AFTER the word NEVER

4 Likes

Oh, moderation is super important. Only, however, in moderation.

5 Likes

Moderation is the job of the moderator, thatā€™s @JoshFossgreen
He has yet to tell us we have too many basses, so we must be ok.

4 Likes

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it - Oscar Wilde

6 Likes

I generally avoid temptation. Unless I canā€™t resist it - Mae West

3 Likes

Damned if I do, and damned if I donā€™t. So, damn it, I will.

3 Likes

I can learn to resist
Anything but temptationā€¦
-Resist / Rush

4 Likes

IDK, I think he may say the student having double the amount of instruments, of the instructor a bit much, but I doubt it is a rule to live by.

Everything in moderation (except moderation)
-NOFX

3 Likes

Fooeyā€¦

How does this keep happening lol

22 Likes

Those look like great basses.

3 Likes

Nice :+1:
I seriously considered the 4 string version in pink but then Warwick happened

3 Likes

Nice - you deviated from your theme, but grey goes great with the orange and whites!

3 Likes

Nice one! How do you like the multiscale?

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I did deviate a bit, but since my wife had picked my favorite color (orange) and gunmetal gray for our wedding colors, it was only right to honor her with the bass colorsā€¦ ESPECIALLY since SHE bought me the first one on our honeymoon!!!

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, itā€™s different. Not bad. Just different. Sounds fantastic and feels good. I can hold it and leave for hours in multiple positions with little to no pain, so thatā€™s fantastic!!!

I like it! Super love the short to mezzo scale length too.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s wrong with that? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sooooooo. Wife sent me shopping. Stopped for a drink at the pub after. Saw this on FB marketplace with hard case lock straps and tuner 20 min from meā€¦ for $150. Lady cleaning out adult kidā€™s old stuff. I donā€™t usually impulse buy, but couldnt resist. Has a few scratches, one small chip, and case needs some work, but i just couldnā€™t pass it up. Told me wife its for our son and if he doesnt want it, its my next project (thinking copper leaf refinish) . Ibanex gio gaxb 150 32 scale. Nice tones. Lightweight, sits nice.

18 Likes

Ok, I need to sell one or two of my basses. Itā€™s a hard decision for the obvious reasons but there you go.

Anyway, Iā€™m 100% settled on fender jazz basses now and I have my life long bass. So thatā€™s sorted. I also have 2 backup jazz basses so all done on that front.

Which leaves the two p basses. I want to keep one of them because I do like to noodle on a p bass now and again. I have the vintera 1950 p bass and the ultra p.

I was thinking of selling the ultra p, but Iā€™ve noticed that when fender bring out a range of new basses, you have the standard colour selection available and sometimes a limited run of a different finish and colour.

In this case, I managed to get the ultra p in red plasma burst. And Iā€™ve just checked and this particular model is now discontinued.

So my question is, would it be better to keep hold of this as you can no longer get them new (and mine is in absolutely immaculate condition). Will the price go up over time, or down with a limited run model?

3 Likes

I have the Vintera and if i was to sell anything it would be that one.
Why? The neck.
I have the red and gold and have pimped it out in all gold, that was the plan for it from the get go. It was a ā€˜freeā€™ bass in that I had credit and gift cards at GC and wanted a Red P to be a mod bass, so it did its job and still does. But of all the basses I have, this is the one I would first rip out all the mods on and sell, but that is just me.

I donā€™t find anything special about the MIM Fender Vinteras. Actually thinking about putting a jazz neck on it now as the neck is the thing I like the least on it.

YMMV.

4 Likes

Cheers John.

Yeah i know what you mean.

The thing is, I quite like it as it is, warts and all, plus itā€™s nice to have a passive to just grab.

It just seems such a waste that the ultra is sitting there and not being used. Iā€™d rather it went to someone who can make use out of it.

Plus I need some cash for yet more musical kit :slight_smile:

2 Likes