Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

Ghad!!…. I DO LOVE playing this bass!! I was always hesitant on playing a short scale Hofner given the genre of music that I play…. Always had visions of people throwing fruit and vegetables at me while using it to play out some 12 bar blues….:rofl::rofl:

My mind is changed!! This small but mighty Hofner Club has become my go to for many of the blues tunes I play. Totally killer tones with LaBella DTF’s made for the short scale Hofner…… Oh, and at my old age, having a lightweight bass to play is certainly a plus!!

A GREAT addition to the bass arsenal!!

Keep On Thumpin’
Lanny

26 Likes

Watched your YouTube video with said Hofner @Lanny
Very nice indeed

6 Likes

Thanks @Mac,…. I’ll try to post a link to them later when I might be able to get better internet reception. Really bad out here….

Hell, just the other day I was outside trying to get in touch with the VA hospital to confirm an appointment and had to run around the yard waving my cell phone in the air while jumping up and down and going around in circles when a Fed Ex delivery truck pulls up…. The driver stopped his van, sat there for a moment, and then backed out and left without making the delivery…. Later that day Connie was able to get on line to find out why our package wasn’t delivered and the comment read: “Unsafe Situation, will attempt delivery at later date”….

Yea, cell service sucks out here!

12 Likes

I, literally, Laughed Out Loud!
:rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I can totally sympathise @Lanny
We have satellite internet which is not so bad but phone reception is so dependent on the weather/where you are on the property/standing on one leg !
As for delivery, it’s a case of driving 75 kms to pick it up :joy:
And I was quoted $250 to get a bass delivered two states away

6 Likes

I know the feeling. When my folks had their farm, barely 170km from Toronto, we had to drive 25 kms to the post office, but it always closed at 4:30 pm, and both my parents also worked offsite. No Saturday hours. It was a blessing when I got my driver’s license. I mean our address was RR4, The Boondocks, Ontario. RR stands for Rural Route (as in postal route).

4 Likes

I live smack dab in the middle of an urban area of 40 million people, famed for its cell and wired networks, and the cell coverage is spotty in some rooms in my place. FML.

5 Likes

I reckon I live smack bang in the middle of a 40 million mosquito population

7 Likes

Likely more like trillion. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yeah - sadly that’s going on here too. Not so much at my place but near any green area for sure.

3 Likes

We were RR2 Box 490. Or Route 2 Box 490. We only had 2 routes in our area. Really, if you put my name on the envelope and a zip, it would get there.

I remember when 911 came about, and they had to give names to all the streets in town. We did just fine without them.

Also up to 911, you could just dial 5 digits and call anyone in town.

2 Likes

I’ve got an itch… really
Loving my 5 string Ray and it got me thinking about fleecing part of the collections of basses, guitars and effects to fund a nice 5 string. The current top choices are… depending on how much I can put together cash wise…

Bongo 5 - new or used but loving the new harvest burst

American made stingray 5, possibly same color

Special order a G&L ASAT 5 to my mental picture of wow

That’s all within the realm of what I think I can sell enough gear and take from my Christmas bonus to cover. What would you pick, or add to the list of confusion?

7 Likes

Dingwall :ghost:

6 Likes

I love the look of the ASAT but am always worried about neck dive. The MFD pickups are great on G&L’s too. But the EB’s go boom. I also think they would be lighter, which is always appreciated at my age. I’m going to pretend @paul didn’t say Dingwall.

6 Likes

Go EB!

3 Likes

Must have 5 string would be the Tobias. Their neck is unforgettable. Comfortable and asymmetrical very fast. Next time you are around you should try it. It’d most likely send you off on another episode, lol. I have all 3 the killer B, Growler and the Renegade. Only the Renegade is with. E at the moment, the other 2 is on loan oversea.

13 Likes

I’m not a fiver guy, but those look beautiful, Al.

4 Likes

I have a 5 string d roc custom on its way sometime this year. I think Dingwall, Lakeland and MTD make the best 5 string. I have seen some videos of the 5 string bongo recently and that also looks crazy fun.

7 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Maybe spending time on the Sandberg configuration machine was ill advised…

6 Likes