My 30 day B2B Challenge for November 2019

Look at the flailing fingers!
I need to follow Josh’s finger exercise video

3 Likes

Nice Paul!

Hard to distinguish your bass sound from mine in the Gimme Some Lovin vid, but it looks from your fingers like you’ve flipped the line backwards? It should start on the high G and pop down to the low one for the last note. :wink:

And those aren’t bad flailing fingers for 10 days in! It’s a journey, not a destination, as Steven Tyler might say :yum:

1 Like

Ah, You could be right, Silly me

3 Likes

You’re doing very well with using ALL fours fingers, Paul @studio . . . :+1:

I still struggle with my pinky, although I’ve made improvement.

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Calm down eric, let’s not get too carried away with things . . .

3 Likes

Amazing progress Paul, and great timekeeping - but you do seem to have flipped the notes around on ‘Gimme Some Lovin’.
I’m guessing you’ve put that straight now though.

I love playing that song btw, and it’s not too challenging to learn and play the whole song from beginning to end.

2 Likes

Struggling a bit with M6L4 at the moment and I have fallen behind on my challenge due to work and care commitments so I have got to really buckle down and put in some serious hours over the next few days.
Why does my ring finger never want to go where it is supposed to :persevere:
I am really glad the difficulty has ramped up over the last few lessons. It really is a challenge now.

5 Likes

@Mark_D

4 Likes

Just remember that the tabs have the E string at the bottom (i.e. is the same as sheet music, with lower pitch = down) and you’ll be fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Superb :joy:

2 Likes

I thought you might like that. Classic

2 Likes

How are you getting on with that level you were working on?
I looked at it earlier, and you’re actually doing what is required in terms of speed and dexterity on the gimme some lovin one.
I was thinking maybe blast through to next few lessons then drop back to it.
You’ve probably done that anyway now though.

1 Like

Yeah, I went back and re did the gimme some lovin one and I finally wrapped my fingers around M6L4 one even at full speed.
I am now onto the scales lessons but I am a couple of days behind the 30 day schedule so I will have to blast it over the weekend and try and get ahead again.

3 Likes

Good show old bean.
The way you played that before, reminded me of a drummer I played with earlier this year - he used to play ‘titty bum titty bum titty bum’, when he was supposed to be playing ‘bum titty bum titty bum titty’.

2 Likes

You said titty bum :blush:

1 Like

I did indeed.
Risking it’s a ‘PC free zone’ on here.

2 Likes

Yessssss! Very inspirational! I, too am doing the thirty days quest! I’m very motivated! How’s it going?

5 Likes

How is it going Hannah. Are you on schedule or have you fallen behind a little like me?
I have just started module 8

4 Likes

I am on schedule! I thought my arm was going to fall off, though! It’s day three and I am on schedule, and I watched the lesson I’m going to tackle tomorrow! You’re so ADVANCED! Wow! Mod 8! I think being a little behind is fine because sometimes your brain needs a day to rest and process the learning curve! Carry on! :wave::sunglasses::guitar:

4 Likes

Sooooo jealouse! :grin:

2 Likes