My 30 day B2B Challenge for November 2019

Guys and gals…
There’s no shame or disgrace in endeavoring to complete the course in 30 days, and then taking longer. I thought I would finish in 30 days, but as I got into it and realized that some of the modules/lessons take more time than others, I realized that I was rushing through it and not savoring every drop of knowledge that @JoshFossgreen was pouring out of his bottle of Eat And Drink Grapes.
It ended up taking me a few months instead of 30 days, but I feel no shame and no remorse. I drank every drop and gobbled up every morsel of this wonderful course. So what if it took me longer than I had thought?
What I’m saying is: Tally forth and strive to achieve what you set out to do, but if it takes you longer than you thought, so be it. You will still be the same Bad Ass Bass Player you set out to be, regardless of whether it took you 30 days or 6 fortnights.
Carry on my fellow Bad Asses!

6 Likes

@Mark_D @studio That is the spirit!

4 Likes

Thanks so much Paul! I appreciate that.

3 Likes

I’m just past the halfway point, starting minor scales. I’m just floored at how much I can do once I made the commitment to learn. It’s a joy to feel my fingers fall on the right fret at the right time. It’s shocking, in fact. I love it when Josh calls out the notes, and I know what he is talking about. “Oh, G? Here, now I’ll show you the octave shape for another one if you’d like!” @JoshFossgreen, how many superlatives of praise can I throw at you? I’m having so much fun, and you are a genius! A goof, but a genius!

6 Likes

Good progress there Hannah :+1:

Did you have any musical experience/knowledge before starting the course?

3 Likes

Yes, I played alto and tenor sax, flute, piccolo and had 6 months of classical guitar in high school. I played an average of 3 hours a day. I gave up all music after that, though I can sight-read treble clef, and was even a page turner for a professional musician who played piano, but I feared bass clef. I love everything about this course!

3 Likes

Ah good stuff.

Yes this course is wonderful.

2 Likes

My Bass Face.

9 Likes

Last day of the challenge tomorrow and still have about 6 lessons to do
Got distracted today playing Take Five. That teaches you endurance I can tell you

3 Likes

Stardate20191130. I’m in Module 9 lesson 4. I realize this is the point where I need to make sure major and minor shapes on all strings are part of my muscle memory. In order to achieve this I must now jam with random songs until the riffs feel natural.

3 Likes

I didn’t finish the course today. I still have a few lessons to go so it might be a 31 day challenge.
I did have an impromptu bass lesson from my wife’s drum teacher who is also a bassist
I think I am going to spend December going over the bits of the course I rushed and completing the Badass and super badass challenges at the end of the course extras book

6 Likes

You’ve done a tremendous amount of work in a very short time, @studio . . . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What you have done is amazing. I just fear you may have gone too fast and missed something. In any case you can always take the course again, or just review specific modules.

5 Likes

Finally finished the course!
Time to go back over the last half again and take my time to really absorb what I am learning.
I originally took up the bass as a novelty, 30 day challenge but it has really taken me by surprise and I think I am going to stick with it.
I put this down to Josh’s fantastic teaching style. He made the whole thing very achievable and demonstrated that bass is not just a background instrument that is there out of necessity. It is a fantastic instrument that you can devote the rest of your life mastering.
I would also like to thank you lot on the forum. Your encouragement and humour is infectious and made the whole endeavour very enjoyable
Thanks everyone and bring on the advanced course.

11 Likes

Congratulations, @studio . . . :slight_smile:

Glad that you finally made it, and wishing you continued succcess! :+1:

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes

Well done

4 Likes

Hey well done :+1:
Going back through it is very rewarding. Not that the course itself isn’t - far from it in fact.

4 Likes

Congratulations, Badass!

3 Likes

Thank you @HannahWalker. How are you doing with the course?

2 Likes

That’s great to hear Paul! Congrats on finishing the course!

6 Likes