My First Pedalboard!

ooohhh

3 Likes

Just bought it. Well, that helped make a decision for me :slight_smile:

It’s also going to be cool running synths and other instruments through this.

3 Likes

does sound a lot like my VMT

2 Likes

Apparently they are both spot on. The plugin is a third of a GB so I imagine there’s a lot of stuff done with combinatorial IR.

2 Likes

Well this escalated quickly…

The vast majority of those came with other things I bought or in bundles. 37 of them came with my synthesizer and 38 came as a free bundle for buying another plugin.

Welp now I am in a funny position. I actually like a lot of these better than my pedals. I even found a sweet multiband chorus that I like better than my bass clone. So at this point, the pedalboard becomes a liability because it’s best for me to record clean and apply the effects in the DAW.

The Darkglass plugin is awesome for bass, incidentally :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It turns out Hooky uses a Helix now :slight_smile:

1 Like

That plugin is indeed awesome Howard! It’s actually how I got into Darkglass in the first place. :slight_smile: I also got the Nolly plugin which is quite amazing for guitar. If you like the DG plugin I can recommend Parallax from neural too. I even think you can get even more out of Parallax than any other bass plugin I have tried so far: https://neuraldsp.com/products/parallax

2 Likes

lol Hooky plays the bass below his hips and tilted backwards. Really nice riffs to listen to :heart:

1 Like

The man’s my hero, both style and sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh that does sound really good. I have another plugin kind of like that now that is awesome but I am not using it much yet. Check it out:

Really impressed with Neural’s stuff so far.

2 Likes

Oh that looks cool! It has so many options… It’s making me nervous and I’m not even using it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

All the Kilohearts stuff has been quality so far, really loving both Phase Plant and all the snapins.

2 Likes

Not a pedalboard yet but off to a good start.

…They finally arrived and I am not disappointed. The Alpha Omicron is a fantastic distortion pedal that can go from “just a hint” to “Oh no… Satan is coming”. The POG is the coolest thing I’ve plugged into my amp in a very long time. I find that playing around with the POG especially has awoken my creativity and combining the POG with the Alpha Omicron is amazing. Although quite expensive, I highly recommend both of these pedals.

5 Likes

The AO is tied for my favorite distortion pedal I have ever heard (with the Microtubes X and VMT). Absolutely top notch, well done.

Next I recommend some kind of modulation - Phaser or Chorus - to go after the AO. Distortion into modulation, like Peanut Butter and Chocolate :slight_smile:

3 Likes

HA! That sounds cool @howard, I’m guessing by the name that was the phaser. I have a Boss Bass Chorus pedal from forever ago… so now you mention it, I’ll have to try some combo’s

3 Likes

Yeah, that was a B7k Ultra plugin going in to a phaser :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very nice. I’m just starting to play with plugins now that Reason 11 forced me too. My “go to” DAW’s have always been Ableton Live and Reason. I love the workflow of Ableton and but prefer the samples and instruments (especially percussion) in Reason. I updated to Reason 11 suite only to find I had to upgrade Live 9 to Live 10/11 suite… as ReWire no longer is an option (you have to use Reason as a plugin for Live now). Anyway, I’m sure for many people this was “gobbledegook” language. In short, this has been quite an expensive exercise but has forced me to start looking at plugins…(more expense…hehehe) I can only imagine what will happen to me if my wife reads this!!

3 Likes

That reminds me, I got Reason Lite Rack for free in the Black Friday sales.

I think they are starting to make some of their stuff available as individual plugins though. At least Europa is available as a VSTi now I think?

Not sure about Redrum and the other drums. I have a few other drum plugins I use I can recommend if you like.

3 Likes

love the pog

3 Likes

Yeah @howard Redrum is ok but my weapon of choice is Kong or Dr Rex. Also, the drum samples you get with Reason suite are far better than you get in the lite version.

1 Like