My First Pedalboard!

Yeah! Its DI is basically always on. This seems pretty common actually, the Batallion is like that too, as is the Ampeg SCR-DI. The battalion also has a switch to force the DI to always output the dry signal even if you’re using the pedal.

1 Like

OK, I didn’t knew that.

2 Likes

It ends up being pretty flexible, yeah; the BDI is basically “stomp here for an amp sim” on my board now :slight_smile:

Speaking of which:

ooh yeah that’s dirty

3 Likes

a nice industrial metal tone :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah! A bit muddy but that’s because I forgot to turn off the octaver and it just can’t track that low :slight_smile:

1 Like

For all you gearheads and pedal fans:

3 Likes

Wow.

Amazing he has all those dedicated pedals - AND a Helix :slight_smile:

Two TCE Ditto loopers too. And no preamp (well except the ones in the Helix of course.)

All on all the time, wired into the switch with patches set in the switch for specific subchains.

Man that’s complicated.

2 Likes

Haha, I appreciate that coming from YOU :smile:

Yeah, he likes to loop - just released a book on looping for bass, if I am not mistaken.

4 Likes

I’m willing to bet the Helix has a looper too.

3 Likes

I have a POD HD 500 which is the equivalent previous model of the Helix and it has a looper. so the Helix must have one, for sure.

3 Likes

Bass Channel just reviewed my octaver :slight_smile:

Kind of LOLed at his anti-Behringer rant. Dude the “Behringer warranty” is just just buy a second one and still save money.

Also disagree that he thinks it feels cheap. Mine feels built like a tank, serious metal enclosure and the pots feel great.

I have heard horror stories about recent TC customer service. However I RMA’d a bad amp to them last year without issue. YMMV I guess.

2 Likes

I have a delay from the same TC pedal line. it’s their cheapest range but, yeah, it’s pretty well built I think, at least for the prince. it’s not the quality of the higher range products of course. for example, see how the switch is made on those pedals, it’s some kind of false big switch that activates a small one. but it works, so …

2 Likes

Yeah I think they even tried to market the switch as a “feature” for being soft touch. When in reality it’s probably just a direct push on a small PCB-mounted switch. I assume the pots are pcb mounted too.

1 Like

I opened my delay to see how it’s made :grin: I don’t remember exactly but, yes, the pots are very certainly PCB mounted (which is not a problem at all).

2 Likes

I liked hearing the pedal. I could have done without 90% of his exposition.

2 Likes

Yeah the thing sounds great. Very synthy growly goodness. I am very happy with it.

1 Like

I get really tired of all the generic Behringer hate. At some point it just sounds like people pile on because it became okay to hate Behringer. I get it, they’re inexpensive pedals. If they don’t meet your requirements then get something else. What they do well is provide affordable options a lot of people wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for Behringer. At some point it just sounds like whining. The video doesn’t somehow become more valid because he complained about Behringer before admitting that he liked the pedal.

3 Likes

On a lighter note…

I have no practical use for this but I still want one.

1 Like

Still needs some work but I’m getting kind of close to a darkglass-like clank by using both the battalion and the BDI-21. This is also through an amp/IR VST.

My compressor is cranked and amplifying some sympathetic string noise, but this gets the direction across anyway. The clank is there and the clean low bass is almost there. It’s not an Alpha Omicron yet, but it’s not bad.

4 Likes

sounds good :smirk:

2 Likes