My First Pedalboard!

Not all amp/cab sims built in to things like this really have much in the way of controls. The BDI-21 doesn’t have any beyond the blend and presence knobs, it’s just part of its tonal quality when it’s on. The fact that you got half a GDI-21 manual is behrenger quality control :slight_smile:

Just checked mine and it has it too. Nice work Behringer.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. I thought Iwas missing something. Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

killer feature I’d say ! is it an impulse response file ? or more a “real” parametric thing like on the Line6 devices ?

3 Likes

I am guessing it is IR. Apparently it works like TC toneprints and you can download new cab settings to the device.

3 Likes

I use a Templeboard as well. I really like it.

3 Likes

Their modular design looks awesome and it would be nice to avoid having to velcro the pedals for sure. I also love their power supply mounting options.

A bit spendy though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree. It’s even more pricey than I thought when I realized I also have to order the mounting plates for each device, which are not expensive, but the shipping cost from Canada is ridiculous. I’m cancelling this order and looking for something else.
It’s a pretty cool design though.

EDIT: When I tried to cancel, I discovered that it had already shipped so it was too late. But, then I found the mounting plates at Sweetwater with free shipping, so all is good.

5 Likes

Yep, was gonna say GC has the mounting plates too. I really like the idea of this. I would like it if they made a sub plate that you could fix to your current pedalboard, and use their mounting plates with your pedals.

It’s a technique that is used in manufacturing, and becoming more and more commonplace as factories look 5o automate machining and other types of manufactured goods.

To clarify. The top surface of their pedalboard is unique to their mounting plates, you can’t really purchase their mounting plates to use with your current pedalboard. Well, with a drill press, and a dreamer grinding tool you probably could, but that’s work.

So, to keep costs. Down, and so people don’t have to get rid of the expensive pedalboard they already purchased, they could sell a single sheet of metal, in common pedalboard sizes, with their trademark hole / slot pattern, and a conversion / mounting kit to attach it to your current board, even just Velcro it onto the already Velcro covered surface, then you could buy the mounting plates and get rid of the Velcro on the bottom of the pedals.

I know it may take more then just that, and it might not be feasible in the simple way I suggest, but if I had their pedalboard, and 5-8 other standard pedal boards of common shapes and designs, I could come up with a way to make it work.

O only suggest this because the mounting plates are really cheap, and if I could buy a sheet to mount to my pedalboard for $20-$50 ( depending on size) I would be all over that non Velcro design. And people with expensive pedalboards would prob buy that, rather then upgrade from something they invested a bit of time and money.

Idk, maybe not. I just wish I could get one cheap and not use Velcro, it’s already pissing me off, and I got the board 2 days ago. Lol
Maybe that’s the reason for this rant.

2 Likes

I had to really think long and hard before I put the velcro on my Microtubes X. I bought it “used” new in box from someone that didn’t even play but bought it as a promo to meet a band she liked, ended up getting a new $240 pedal for $175. But I wasn’t sure I was going to keep it at the time, so I sat there with the velcro tape for like 5 minutes, contemplating the value I was about to knock off the thing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@howard I noticed your photo. I didn’t know you had a Zoom B3n. I always thought you had a B1. Cool :facepunch:

2 Likes

Yep, started with a B1, then upgraded to a B3n. B3n is great!

3 Likes

I just ordered one. I’ll have it Friday.

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen I saw Taylor at Iron Ether posted on FB your set at Milk Bar from last Nov as a demo of the Xerograph. Is that the OC-2 running into it, or something else? Love love love the tone!

2 Likes

Here’s my first pedalboard. I copied @JoshFossgreen and got the Temple board. It’s a bit pricey, and you have to purchase a bunch of add-ons to make it fierce, but I like the way it keeps everything nice and neat.

In addition to the Zoom B3n, I have the Zoom Expression pedal. The 2 pedals below the Zoom are the foot controls for the Alesis SR-18 drum machine. To the right of the pedalboard is the foot switch for the Overdrive function on my Rumble 100.

(Due to social distancing, I was only able to put a limited amount of pedals on it.)

7 Likes

Does… does the foot stay on there?

3 Likes

LOL no, I just put that on there to show that my earlier photo was a hoax :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s still on the bigger side of effect pedals though. I like that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

and how did it happen than you have a spare foot, @PamPurrs ? :rofl:

4 Likes

This is the weirdest episode of WestWorld yet… :thinking:

4 Likes

I got it from my foot doctor

3 Likes